We are learning about polar bears in our homeschool as we head towards winter. These free polar bear life cycle worksheets are a great way to learn while having fun.
In this 6-page activity pack all about the polar bear, you will find a life cycle of a polar bear, an information report, opinion writing, polar bear research, and a fun memory game. These are perfect for 2nd – 4th-grade students. But can be adapted for younger or older students.
This is a no-preparation download, so if you have left it until the last minute (like I normally do!) this will be perfect for the kids at home or in school.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Life Cycle of a Polar Bear
The kids are going to love our free polar bear life cycle worksheet.
Print out the polar bear worksheets below, it will print out on 6 full pages. Make sure to check the printer settings.
The first page to print out is the front cover of the worksheet.
The second page in this set is the actual life cycle of a polar bear that you can color in.
The next worksheet is a planning sheet where the children have to find out about polar bears. What their appearance is, their habitat and diet, movement, and any interesting facts.
Polar Bear Facts
- Polar bear skin is actually black
- They are the only bear species to be defined as marine mammals
- They are not very successful hunters (only 2% of their hunts are successful) mainly as they can’t outswim a seal
- They can swim for days at a time
- Climate change is their largest threat
- Male polar bears can weigh as much as 10 men!
- They have a strong sense of smell.
- They can be found in 5 different countries, the United States, Canada, Russia, Greenland, and Norway
- A group of polar bears is called a pack or a sleuth
- They may travel more than 1,000km in one season
- Polar bears can be as tall as 3 meters!
I love this opinion writing worksheet. Which cold-loving animals do you like better? Penguins or polar bears? We have recently created a life cycle of a penguin worksheet which can be completed after this one.
The children will need access to the internet to complete the information about polar bears. They need to find:
- In what countries can you find polar bears in their natural habitat?
- How long do polar bears live? In the wild, and in captivity
- How many babies do they typically have,
- The type of birth, is it egg or live?
- What food do polar bears eat? How do they get their food?
- What is the population of polar bears? What is their biggest threat?
I think you will also enjoy our free life cycle of a reindeer worksheets.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to grab all 6 free life cycle of a polar bear worksheets.
Polar Bear Matching Game
The final worksheet is a fun game that the children can play after they have done their work.
You will need to print the page out twice.
When you have printed the 2 pages you will need to cut out all of the different images. I prefer to use a paper cutter as it’s easier, quicker, and more accurate, but scissors will work too.
Shuffle them up and lay them on the table face down in rows to make it easier, or just randomly on the table for older kids.
If you are placing them in rows I find 4 rows with 6 images each works best.
Playing the game is simple. Take it, in turn, to turn over only 2 images. If it is a match you can either remove them from the game and place them in front of you or leave them turned over face up.
The winner is the person who creates the most matches.
Download Life Cycle of Polar Bear Worksheets
I think you will also enjoy:
- The life cycle of a goose worksheets
- The life cycle of a butterfly worksheets
- Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Life cycle of a hedgehog printables
- Free science worksheets
- Free winter scattergories
Last Updated on 29 November 2022 by homeschoolof1