Let’s celebrate Juneteenth this year, with our free Juneteenth coloring pages.
Juneteenth is a celebration held on June 19th and commemorates the emancipation of enslaved people in the US.
Included are 6 free Juneteenth coloring pages that are a great way to talk to kids about this historic day.
We absolutely love creating free kids coloring pages, and we either use them as a supplement for a lesson we are studying or just to calm the mood! Coloring is a great way for them to refocus and relax.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Juneteenth Color by Number
There are 6 pages included in these free Juneteenth coloring pages.
You will need 5 different coloring pens or crayons to complete this activity. I highly recommend these dual tipped pens that we use (there are 72 different color pens included and a carry case to keep them all together.)
Raise hands for Juneteenth color by number page.
Juneteenth coloring page with broken chains.
1865 is the year that marks the anniversary of the announcement of General Order No. 3 by Union Army General Gordon Granger, proclaiming freedom for enslaved people in Texas.
Heart to celebrate Juneteenth
Happy Juneteenth color by number page.
What is Juneteenth?
Juneteenth is a holiday celebrated on the 19th of June to commemorate the emancipation of enslaved people in the US. The holiday was first celebrated in Texas in 1980, where on that date in 1865, in the aftermath of the Civil War, slaves were declared free under the terms of the 1862 Emancipation Proclamation.
But only in 2021 was Juneteenth declared a US National holiday.
- Juneteenth: Our Day of Freedom (Step into Reading)
- The History of Juneteenth: A History Book for New Readers (The History of: A History Series for New Readers)
- Juneteenth for Mazie
- What Is Juneteenth? (What Was?)
- The Juneteenth Story: Celebrating the End of Slavery in the United States
- Opal Lee and What It Means to Be Free: The True Story of the Grandmother of Juneteenth
- All Different Now: Juneteenth, the First Day of Freedom
- The Story of Juneteenth: An Interactive History Adventure (You Choose: History)
Free Printable Juneteenth Coloring Pages
I think you will also enjoy:
- Black inventors coloring pages
- Black history month activities
- Martin Luther King Jr kids resources
- Martin Luther King Jr word search
Last Updated on 12 November 2022 by homeschoolof1