You are going to love our free printable memory games. We have them for every holiday, plus lots of subjects.
Whether you call it matching games, matching pair game, or memory games, you are going to love our free best games for kids.
These are perfect for toddlers and are one of the first games you will probably play with your child.
Although you can of course buy matching games at the toystore, you don’t need to.
I have put together all of our free printable memory games that you and the kids are going to love. Some are part of a unit study, some of them are for the holidays, and some are just for fun!
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
How to download the free printable memory games
There are 2 ways you can download our printable memory games. The first is you can purchase all of them for a small fee, or you can click on each of the links and download each of them individually for free.
Whichever option you choose you will need to print each page twice, so you can make a pair of the same image.
- cardstock (normal copy paper will work, but you might be able to see the images through it)
- paper cutter or scissors
- laminator (optional)
- coloring pens to decorate the back of the games.
How to play matching games with kids?
Firstly let me start by saying that this can also be played as a one player game. This is a great game for the kids to play while you make dinner! Trust me as a parent to an only child I have to get the break when I can!
If you are to play with the kids though, even better.
Before you cut the pairs of cards up, we like to decorate the reverse of the cards to make them look prettier. Just grab the coloring pens and the kids can design them however they want.
After you have cut the pairs of cards. Place the matching cards upside down on the table, I find that if you are playing with younger children it is easier to place them in rows.
Let the youngest go first, and they must pick up 2 cards.
If they are a match they take them away, if not they need to be turned back over ready for the next player.
The cards must be completely turned over so everyone can see what card it was.
If playing as a single player the children can leave the cards face up, as shown in the picture above.
The winner is the person with the most matching pairs.
Carry on reading to download the matching game printable you want, or download all of them for a small fee.
WANT ALL OF OUR MEMORY GAMES IN ONE PLACE?
What are the benefits of playing memory games?
There are many benefits of playing memory games including:
- Matching games are great for improving memory skills
- They help improve concentration
- Great for pattern recognition
- Identifying similarities and differences between the images
- Help with fast thinking and improved focus
If you want to add some more fun to your homeschool routine but are not sure how. Check out our what is gameschooling post for some top tips.
Free memory games
These memory games are so much fun and can be used as a supplement to your school work:
- Alphabet matching game printable
- Money memory game printable
- Musical instrument matching game printable
- Planet matching game printable
- Butterfly matching game printable
- Unicorn memory game printable
- Weather memory game printable
- Penguin memory game printable
- Water cycle memory game included in our free water cycle worksheets
- Polar bear memory game included in our free polar bear life cycle worksheets
Printable Holiday Memory Games
Experience year round joy and excitement by playing a unique holiday memory game each month! Dive into the world of unforgettable moments and laughter with our collection of printable holiday memory games.
Play a new memory game every month of the year:
- Chinese New Year memory game printable
- Valentine’s Day memory game printable
- Presidents memory game printable
- St Patrick’s Day memory game printable
- Easter memory game printable
- April Fool’s matching game printable
- Earth Day memory game printable
- Star Wars memory game printable
- 4th of July memory game printable
- Roald Dahl memory game printable
- Pirate memory game printable
- Halloween memory game printable
- Thanksgiving memory game printable
- Elf memory game printable
- Hanukkah memory game printable
- Christmas memory game printable
- New Year’s memory game printable
No matter the season, these memory games offer a delightful way to celebrate each month. Making your year richer with shared experiences and cherished memories. From the grand celebrations to the everyday moments, these games are designed to bring people together and create lasting bonds.
So, let the fun begin and embark on a memory filled journey throughout the year!
Last Updated on 16 January 2024 by homeschoolof1