One of my best homeschool tips is to play while learning. I actually enjoy spending time with Freddie (good job as I am with him 24/7) but I really do. Check out the best educational games, online games, free printable games, and board games.
These educational games are broken down into the following sections:
- Board games for kids
- Online educational games
- Free printable games for kids
- Homeschool games
- Free games
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Board Games for Kids
We love board games and have been playing them for years, whether just for fun or to help with homeschooling. Below you will find any board game reviews we have written through the years or lists of our favorite board games.
- Over 40 of the best educational board games to play in homeschool.
- 20 of the best board games for math for ages 3-99
- If you enjoy playing games at home why not check out our top 20 history board games and have fun going back in time with the kids.
- Over 20 of the best Christmas board games to play for fun
- The best word games for kids
- The best board games for 8 year olds
- Educational one player games are not all board games, but a lot of them are.
- Ghost Blitz
- Igloo Mania
- Big Beard Battle
- Dynamite Dare game
- Safe breaker
- Bang on game
- Cobra Paw game
- Pandemic board game
- Ticket to ride
- Set the family game of visual perception
- Frenetic game
Online Educational Games
All of these online homeschool games are educational, but they are only used as a supplement to other homeschool resources. The links will take you to our detailed review We have enjoyed playing them all (apart from ABCMouse as we had not heard about it when Freddie was a preschooler.)
- Adventure Academy is perfect for elementary-aged children, playing while learning, it is an excellent game.
- ABCMouse is the same as Adventure Academy but for younger children.
- We love Night Zookeeper so much we have written about them twice! Check out the most recent Night Zookeeper Review. Check it out for yourself here (or if you are in the UK here) where you will get a 7 day free trial plus an exclusive 50% off.
- This homeschool typing curriculum from Typesy has lots of educational games included.
- Digital Stem from StemWerkz.
- Cool Math Games on Roblox – Brainika.
Printable Games for Kids
Have fun with these free printable games, we are constantly creating new ones and most of them are related to a holiday.
If you don’t want to have cupboards full of board games like I do, why not print out these printable board games instead. These are perfect to play on the holidays and we have pretty much every holiday covered! All of our printable games are completely free too.
- Zoo scavenger hunt
- Homeschool Scavenger Hunt perfect for back to school fun
- Camping scavenger hunt
- Tree scavenger hunt
- Book scavenger hunt
- St Patricks Day scavenger hunt
- Easter scavenger hunt clues
- Earth Day scavenger hunt
- Star Wars scavenger hunt
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt
- Road trip bingo
- Halloween treasure hunt
- Thanksgiving scavenger hunt
- Christmas treasure hunt
- Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt
- New Years Eve scavenger hunt
- Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt
- The best Easter word search
- Star Wars word search
- St Patricks Day word search
- Cinco de Mayo word search
- Mothers Day word search
- Fathers Day word search
- Printable July 4th word search
- Printable Halloween word search
- Christmas word search
- Book bingo
- Road trip bingo
- Valentine bingo
- Easter bingo
- St Patrick’s Day bingo
- Halloween bingo
- Thanksgiving bingo
Fun Math Printables
- Word scramble with answers for New Years
- Easter word scramble
- Halloween word scramble
- 4th of July word scramble
- Words Within Words holiday edition
Other Fun Printable Educational Games
- Picture of Presidents – a memory and matching game
- Spot the difference printables for Christmas
- Christmas placemats printable
- Halloween mad libs
- St Patrick’s Day printables placemats
- Easter messages for kids to decode with cipher disks
* If we haven’t made the game you are looking for, I highly recommend checking out Etsy, They have hundreds if not thousands of awesome downloadable printable games at really reasonable prices.
- Escape room puzzle ideas and create your own escape room at home, for free! We love to do escape room style scavenger hunts now he is older.
- Easter escape room ideas
- Halloween escape room ideas and free invitations
These games or activities do not fall into any other category, but I wanted to include them in this list as they are definitely fun, and educational.
Lego has been a huge part of our lives for many years, and now as he is 12 he enjoys building adult Lego. This has definitely helped with homeschool, and especially with coding.
- Educational toys for 7 year olds
- Ravensburger 3D Puzzle and the benefits of playing with puzzles even as the kids get older.
- The best traditional 4th of July games to play with the whole family.
- Despite being lots of fun these Halloween games definitely have an educational aspect to them.
I will be adding more free games in the coming months, but for now, these are the best free games for homeschooling we have reviewed.
Follow Us On Pinterest
Last Updated on 5 May 2022 by homeschoolof1