As a Homeschool of 1, with over five years of experience under my belt. I understand the importance of finding the best homeschooling resources to provide a well-rounded education for my child.
I’ve done my homework (pun intended!) and discovered a treasure trove of mainly secular homeschool curriculum options.
Trust me, I’ve found something for everyone and every subject!
Whether you’re teaching a curious kindergartner or a rebellious high schooler, I’ve got you covered with a list of amazing resources below.
Along with homeschool curriculum reviews I have also shared my top tips for homeschooling.
Free homeschool resources
Back in my son’s elementary years, it’s kind of amazing how much of his curriculum was absolutely free! I mean, we’re talking about everything from science to history, you name it, we found free resources for it.
And you know what’s even cooler?
You don’t have to worry about breaking the bank to homeschool your kids.
The idea that you need to spend a ton to give your child a great education? Not true at all. With all the incredible no-cost materials out there. I managed to homeschool my son through those early years without putting a dent in my wallet.
- Best free homeschool curriculum
- Best free homeschool science curriculum
- Free homeschool printables
- Homeschool videos
- Best educational videos for kids
- Free typing games for kids
Discover the best secular homeschool curriculum for all subjects
Homeschool math resources
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Math is by far our favorite subject, we all love it (I know we are weird!).
These are the posts we have written that relate to math. We have used a lot of different math curriculums over the years. But we are going to start high school math with Mr. D Math starting in June.
- Best geometry homeschool curriculum with Mr. D Math
- Best homeschool algebra curriculum with Teaching Textbooks
- Best homeschool math curriculum
- Teaching Textbooks review
- Best math board games
- Kindergarten math board games
- Order of operation games
- Number board games
- Best math curriculum for ADHD
- Mr D Math review
- CTC Math review
- How to choose a homeschool math curriculum
- How to make math fun for middle school
- Cool math games from Brainika
- Spark Math review
Best language arts resources for homeschoolers
Finding a good language arts homeschool curriculum is hard. But these are the resources we have used over the years:
- Best homeschool literature curriculum from Learning Language Arts Through Literature
- Best homeschool spelling curriculum
- Introducing Shakespeare
- LightSail for Homeschoolers Review
- Writeshop review
- Writing impactful essays with Heron Books
- Best homeschool cursive curriculum with Getty-Dubay
- Best Shakespeare books for kids
- Best word games for kids
Best homeschool science resources
Science is by far my least favorite subject to teach. I am just not that cool mom that likes getting messy! I am not very good with crafts either!
Finding an online science curriculum was important certainly when my son was in elementary. There are so many science curriculums you can find, and we found a lot more free science resources than any other subject (which was great for us!)
- Best homeschool science curriculum
- Best science books for homeschooling
- Best homeschool workbooks
- Best science board games
- Real Science Odyssey review
- Generation Genius review
- BrainPOP review
- Human body unit studies
- Best homeschool biology curriculum from Dr. Robbins
- Best anatomy book for kids from Know Yourself
- College Prep Science labs
- Free printable science worksheets
- Digital stem with StemWerkz
- Homeschool science tips
Science Subscription Boxes
The best science subscription boxes that we use to supplement our science curriculum.
- Mel Science review
- Kiwico Eureka Crate review
- Generation Genius Science Kits
- Best science kits for homeschool
- Oysterkit review
Best foreign language resources for homeschooling
Learning a foreign language is super important, and actually really hard to teach in homeschool (if like me you can’t speak another language.)
There are lots of resources out there, so check out the ones we use.
- Best homeschool foreign language curriculum
- Best Japanese homeschool curriculum
- ASL homeschool curriculum
- Mr D ASL review
- Lingopie review
Best homeschool history resources
History is our second favorite subject, and now we are in middle school we have found that the best way (for us) is a literature based history curriculum. But we have used lots of other history curriculums as you can see below.
- Best homeschool history curriculum
- Best homeschool world history curriculum
- History Odyssey review
- Beautiful Feet Books review
- History timeline for kids
- Sonlight review
- History lap book
- Best history books for kids
- Best history board games
- Trekking Through History review
- World leaders unit study
- Dictators unit study
Best coding resources for homeschooling
Add computer coding to your homeschool curriculum with these coding for kids resources:
- Best coding websites for kids
- Why building challenging Lego sets helps with coding. Lego also has a separate section just for coding!
- Osmo coding starter kit review
- Best coding books for kids
- Coding for homeschoolers with Codakid
- MYTEK LAB review
- Osmo coding jam
Geography resources for homeschooling
We don’t study geography formally as we wanted to focus on history. However, it is important for us to know about the world and the country we now live in.
These are our favorite homeschool geography resources:
- Best homeschool geography curriculum
- Free geography worksheets
- Fun ways to learn the 50 States
- Best geography books for kids
- Best geography board games
- Geography subscription box from KiwiCo Atlas Crate
- Continent unit study
Homeschool economics resources
- Best social studies homeschool curriculum
- Financial literacy worksheets
- Financial literacy for middle school
- Financial literacy activities for high school students
- Financial literacy books for middle school students
- Moneytime review
- Best homeschool economics curriculum with Mr. D Math
- Financial literacy for teens with Beyond Personal Finance
- Best money board games
Homeschool government resources
As I have split out everything covered normally in social studies above into separate sections. These are the government resources we have.
- Free homeschool civics curriculum
- Best homeschool government curriculum from Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum
- Presidents unit studies
Homeschool music resources
We are not a musical family, well we weren’t until about a year ago. Our son started with the best online music lessons for kids and is now taking it more seriously with learning all about composers, having a weekly in-person lesson, and is absolutely loving it.
- Best homeschool music curriculum
- Composers unit study
- Best online piano lessons for kids
- Great Bend Center for Music review
- Moosiko review
- Online guitar lessons for kids with Tremolo Guitar School
Homeschool art resources
We don’t study art formally yet, although there are lots of awesome art curriculums that we will use in the coming years. But, we use coloring as a stress-relieving tool!
It absolutely works and 30 minutes of drawing calms him right down. Check out the resources he has used and currently uses along with the homeschool art curriculums.
- Best homeschool art curriculum
- Famous Artists unit study
- KiwiCo Doodle Crate review
- KiwiCo Maker Crate review
Homeschooling middle school and high school grades
- Best middle school homeschool curriculum
- Best homeschool typing curriculum
- Best 6th grade homeschool curriculum
- Best 7th grade homeschool curriculum
- Best homeschool curriculum for high school
- Online homeschool for high school with Stepmojo
- Career test for teenagers
- Why Thiel College is a great choice for homeschoolers
Homeschool preschool resources
We didn’t homeschool preschool or the kindergarten years, but as a secular homeschool blogger, I have been lucky to check out a few amazing resources.
Physical education resources
PE was something I was originally concerned about, but we currently take 4 short walks a day around the neighborhood (check out our neighborhood scavenger hunt.)
There are lots of amazing (and mostly free) resources to keep fit as a family, but also more formal homeschool PE curriculums are listed below.
Homeschool Tips & Advice
Homeschooling is hard, please don’t think it isn’t.
But WE LOVE IT.
We will continue to homeschool until my son goes to college, so we are currently trying to work out high school credits. I have shared some homeschooling tips and resources that we use to help us homeschool as best we can.
- What is gameschooling?
- Homeschool planners.
- Best digital homeschool planner.
- Homeschool record keeping
- Homeschooling styles
- Homeschooling a child with ADHD
- Best ADHD books for parents
- Best ADHD homeschool curriculum
- Homeschooling an only child
- Map testing for homeschooler
- Teach by Dennis Dinoia
- Best homeschool blogs
- Best online etiquette classes for kids
- Best homeschool supplies
- Books about homeschooling
- Homeschool Black Friday deals
- Lunch ideas for homeschool
- First day of homeschool sign
- All about me worksheet
- Trello for homeschool
UK home education resources and tips
As I homeschooled in the UK before moving to America I wanted to share the posts I had already written for the UK homeschoolers.
- How to start homeschooling UK
- If you want to follow the UK National curriculum I highly recommend this book.
- Best homeschooling programs UK
- MyTutor review
- Cost of homeschooling
- Public speaking classes for kids
Last Updated on 6 December 2023 by homeschoolof1