Let’s learn all about the ladybug with our free life cycle of a ladybug worksheet.
In these 8-page life cycle worksheets all about the ladybug, you will find a life cycle of a ladybug, an information report, opinion writing, ladybug research, and more.
These are perfect for 2nd – 4th-grade students. But can be adapted for younger or older students.
This is a no-preparation download, so if you have left it until the last minute (like I normally do!) this will be perfect for the kids at home or school.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Ladybug life cycle printable
The kids are going to love our free ladybug life cycle worksheet. You will love it too, especially as you will already have all the supplies needed!
- cardstock (printer paper will also work)
- coloring pens
- paper cutter or scissors
- brass fasteners
What’s included in the download?
Print out the ladybug worksheets below, they will print out on 9 full pages. Make sure to check the printer settings.
This free printable ladybug life cycle is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
- Research ladybug information plus find 8 interesting facts about them.
- Opinion writing.
- Ladybug fact sheet, use the internet and books to learn more about them.
- Research the 4 main stages of the ladybug’s life.
- Color and label the parts of a ladybug.
- Color and label the different cycles of the ladybug.
- Ladybug foldable craft, color, cut, stick, and fold the 4 main life stages.
- Ladybug life cycle spinning wheel craft.
The first worksheet is a planning sheet where the children have to find out about ladybugs. What their appearance is, their habitat and diet, movement, and any interesting facts.
Interesting facts about ladybugs
- Ladybugs hibernate.
- If there is no other food ladybugs will eat themselves to survive.
- Ladybugs bleed from their knees when they feel threatened.
- Ladybugs are actually beetles and not bugs.
- Farmers love them as they eat plant-eating pests.
- NASA have sent ladybugs into space.
- In Britain, they are called ladybirds.
- The color of a ladybug fades with age.
- There are more than 5,000 species of ladybugs. The most popular is the seven-spotted black-and-red ladybug found in North America.
- Ladybugs smell with their antennae and feet.
These are just ideas, let the children come up with their own answers.
I love this opinion writing worksheet. Which insect do you like better an ant or a ladybug?
The children will need access to the internet to complete the information about ladybugs. They need to find:
- In what countries can you find ladybugs in their natural habitat?
- How long do ladybugs live? In the wild, and in captivity
- How many babies do they typically have?
- The type of birth, is it egg or live?
- What food do ladybugs eat? How do they get their food?
- What is the population of ladybugs? What is their biggest threat?
Research the different stages of a ladybug’s life cycle.
The next two pages involve labeling and coloring the ladybug.
Label the parts of a ladybug, wings, elytra, pronotum, antennae, eye, and legs. Then color in the ladybug. You will also enjoy our free parts of a ladybug worksheet.
On the next page, the children have to color the different stages of the ladybug’s life with our ladybug life cycle coloring page and then label which is which.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to grab all 8 free life cycle of a ladybug worksheets.
Younger children will also enjoy our free ladybug worksheets for preschool.
We love to add the Life Cycles book to our studies.
Free ladybug crafts
The first page is a fun ladybug craft that involves coloring, folding, cutting, and gluing.
I recommend coloring the images in first, but if you are working with much younger children then you might want to cut them in advance.
Cut up the ladybug craft, younger children may need some help.
These are really fun ladybug activities for preschoolers.
Sort the images into the correct order and glue them under the nest. When you have glued the pictures you need to fold them along the dotted lines.
The next ladybug craft is the life cycle of a ladybug spinner wheel.
Cut out the two circles, and make sure on the ladybug life cycle image you cut out the blank quarter.
Place the ladybug life cycle image with the quarter cut out on top of the other image and add a brass fastener to the middle.
If you have a birthday coming up you are going to love these bug birthday party ideas.
The best ladybug books for kids
The kids are going to love these ladybug books for preschoolers too:
- It’s a good thing there are ladybugs
- The very lazy ladybug makes a great read aloud book.
- The Grouchy Ladybug is by the amazing Eric Carle and is awesome like all of his books.
WANT ALL OUR LIFE CYCLE WORKSHEETS IN ONE PLACE?
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable ladybug life cycle worksheets
If you are running short on time you can download all of our life cycle worksheets. There are 247 pages over 23 different life cycles.
Last Updated on 21 October 2023 by homeschoolof1