Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheet
If you are learning about frogs with your younger children you are going to love our free life cycle of a frog worksheet.
Children will love having fun while learning about frogspawn, tadpoles, froglets, and frogs. These are aimed at kindergarten – grade 2 students.
These are no-preparation life cycle worksheets, so if you have left it until the last minute (like I normally do!) this will be perfect for the kids at home or in school.
We love creating free homeschool printables and have well over 250, but this life cycle of a frog worksheet is one of my favorites.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Frog Life Cycle Worksheet
The kids are going to love our free life cycle of a frog activity. Scroll to the bottom of the page for these free frog printables that will be sent in a pdf file via email.
- cardstock (printer paper will also work)
- coloring pens, Crayola crayons, or coloring pencils
- paper cutter or scissors
- brass fasteners
What’s included in the download?
Print out the frog worksheets below, they will print out on 5 full pages. Make sure to check the printer settings.
- The life cycle of a frog coloring page.
- Frog foldable craft, color, cut, stick, and fold the 4 main life stages.
- Frog life cycle wheel craft.
- Illustrate the life cycle of a frog.
We like to use this Life Cycles book with these worksheets.
Life Cycle of a Frog Coloring Page
We absolutely love creating free kids coloring pages and this life cycle of a frog coloring page is so much fun.
Children can enjoy coloring the pond, lily pads, frogspawn, tadpoles, froglets, and adult frogs.
This hoppy life cycle of a frog features, coloring, cutting practice, gluing and folding.
I recommend coloring the images in first, but if you are working with much younger children then you might want to cut them in advance.
Sort the images into the correct order and glue them under the frog.
Next, create a life cycle of a frog spinner wheel. But before you do ask the children to complete the frog facts questions at the top of the page.
- Frog eggs are laid in the pond.
- Tadpoles use gills to breathe in the water.
- Tadpoles at 6 weeks old form hind legs.
- A young frog is called a Froglet. At 2-4 months have formed front legs and now breathe air using the lungs.
- Once the long tail is reabsorbed by the body the froglet becomes a frog.
Place the pages on top of each other and cut out the 2 circles. Make sure on the frog life cycle image you cut out the blank quarter.
Place the frog life cycle image with the quarter cut out on top of the other image and add a brass fastener to the middle.
The final life cycle of a frog worksheet is where the children draw the correct image into each of the circles.
When you have completed these worksheets why not have some fun with these 5 speckled frogs printable puppets?
Life Cycle of a Frog Book
We always like to add new books to any of our studies as they are a great way for the kids to visualize better. You can either check them out at your local library or buy them.
Our top 5 favorite books about frogs are:
I Am a Frog: A Book About Frogs for Kids. This beautifully illustrated picture book is great for younger students.
The Life Cycle of a Frog. This book details the changes in a frog at the four stages: egg, tadpole, froglet, and adult. Illustrations, photographs, and easy-to-read text explain the facts about how the frog breathes and eats at each stage. Differences in the metamorphosis of frogs in southern and northern climates. Dangers to frogs from pollution, pesticides, and destruction of habitat.
National Geographic Readers: Tadpole to Frog. This book is perfect for parents and kids to read together.
How Does a Tadpole Grow? This board book is part of the Life Cycles with The Very Hungry Caterpillar (The World of Eric Carle).
And the Bullfrogs Sing: A Life Cycle Begins. Is a rhyming nonfiction picture book all about the life of a bullfrog.
What are the life stages of a frog?
The different stages of a frog’s life cycle are:
- tadpole with legs (baby frog),
- adult frog
The frog can live for between 2 and 10 years in the wild, depending on the species.
Fun Facts about Frogs
These are some fun facts about frogs the kids will love:
- There are over 5000 known species of frog
- They have excellent night vision
- Frogs were the first animals with vocal cords
- A group of frogs is called an army
- The Goliath frog is the world’s largest frog species.
- Frogs live on every continent, except Antarctica.
Younger students will also enjoy our free frog worksheets for preschoolers.
Download Life Cycle of a Frog Activities
If you are running short on time you can download ALL of our 19 life cycles for a small fee here. There are 165 pages over 19 different life cycles, including this one.
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables for kids work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Other animal life cycles
- Life cycle of a bee worksheet
- Life cycle of a goose worksheet
- Life cycle of a butterfly worksheets
- Free printable science worksheets
- Life cycle of a hedgehog worksheets
- Life cycle of a penguin worksheets
- Polar bear life cycle worksheets
Last Updated on 5 June 2023 by homeschoolof1