As it is the Chinese year of the rabbit I have created a free life cycle of a rabbit worksheet to learn more about them. Check out our free Chinese zodiac coloring pages for kids.
In these 8-page life cycle worksheets all about the rabbit, you will find a life cycle of a rabbit, an information report, opinion writing, rabbit research, and more. These are perfect for 2nd – 4th-grade students. But can be adapted for younger or older students.
This is a no-preparation download, so if you have left it until the last minute (like I normally do!) this will be perfect for the kids at home or school.
We love creating free homeschool printables and have well over 300.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Rabbit Life Cycle Activities
The kids are going to love our free rabbit life cycle worksheet. You will enjoy them too, especially as you will have all the supplies needed already!
- cardstock (printer paper will also work)
- coloring pens
- paper cutter or scissors
- brass fasteners
What’s included in the download?
Print out the rabbit worksheets below, they will print out on 9 full pages. Make sure to check the printer settings.
- Research rabbit information plus find 8 interesting facts about them.
- Opinion writing.
- Rabbit fact sheet, use the internet and books to learn more about them.
- Research the 4 main stages of the rabbit’s life.
- Color and label the parts of a rabbit.
- Color and label the different cycles of the rabbit.
- Rabbit foldable craft, color, cut, stick, and fold the 4 main life stages.
- Rabbit life cycle spinning wheel craft.
The first worksheet is a planning sheet where the children have to find out about rabbits. What their appearance is, their habitat and diet, movement, and any interesting facts.
Interesting Facts about Rabbits
- A baby rabbit is not called a bunny but is called a kitten, or kit for short.
- A rabbit’s teeth never stop growing.
- When rabbits are happy they perform a binky, which is an athletic leap where they perform twists and kicks mid-air.
- As their eyes are on the side of their heads they can nearly see all the way around them.
- Similar to cats, rabbits purr when they are relaxed.
- Carrots are not a natural part of their diet, in fact, they could get an upset stomach if they eat too many.
- Mother rabbits are pregnant for between 28-31 days, giving birth to up to 14 baby rabbits in a single litter.
- A female rabbit is called a doe and a male is called a buck.
These are just ideas, let the children come up with their own answers.
You will also enjoy our free bunny coloring pages.
I love this opinion writing worksheet. Which spring animal do you like better a rabbit or a chick? You will also enjoy our free life cycle of a chicken worksheets.
The children will need access to the internet to complete the information about rabbits. They need to find:
- In what countries can you find rabbits in their natural habitat?
- How long do rabbits live? In the wild, and in captivity
- How many babies do they typically have?
- The type of birth, is it egg or live?
- What food do rabbits eat? How do they get their food?
- What is the population of rabbits? What is their biggest threat?
Research the different stages of a rabbit’s life cycle.
The next two pages involve labeling and coloring the rabbit.
Label the parts of a rabbit, whiskers, eyes, hind legs, tail, body, and forelegs. Then color in the rabbit.
On the next page, the children have to color the different stages of the rabbit’s life, and then label which is which.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to grab all 8 free life cycle of a rabbit worksheets.
The first page is a fun rabbit craft that involves coloring, folding, cutting, and gluing.
I recommend coloring the images in first, but if you are working with much younger children then you might want to cut them in advance.
Cut up the rabbit craft, younger children may need some help.
Sort the images into the correct order and glue them under the nest. When you have glued the pictures you need to fold them along the dotted lines.
The next rabbit craft is the life cycle of a rabbit spinner wheel.
Cut out the two circles, and make sure on the rabbit life cycle image you cut out the blank quarter.
Place the rabbit life cycle image with the quarter cut out on top of the other image and add a brass fastener to the middle.
Younger children will also enjoy our rabbit handprint template.
The kids are going to love these rabbit books too:
- National Geographic Hop Bunny
- Everything you should know about rabbits
- And one of the best books ever written: The tale of Peter Rabbit
Download the life cycle of rabbit printables
If you are running short on time you can download ALL of our 19 life cycles for a small fee here. There are 158 pages over 19 different life cycles, including this one.
Last Updated on 8 February 2023 by homeschoolof1