New Year is the perfect time to think about what you want to achieve in the new year. This is something I do every year, but I have never done it with Freddie before. He is turning 12 at the end of the year, so we are going to start. Check out our favorite New Year Resolutions for kids if you are looking for inspiration.
It is important to start the year as you mean to go on, and if it is written down to go back to in a couple of weeks it is more likely to be continued.
The New Year’s resolutions for kids should not be anything too challenging or unobtainable. You don’t want them to fail within the first week!
I have prepared three different printables for you to download and print and use with your children, for free of course (scroll to the bottom of the page).
There are sections on the printables and this is how I have structured this post so you can hopefully get some inspiration.
I want to learn …..
I want to stop …..
I want to travel to …..
I want to try …..
I want to be …..
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
New Year Resolutions for Kids
If you want to print out our New Year Resolution printables scroll down to the end of this page and subscribe to our newsletter. You will immediately get FREE access to this and all of our free printables.
I want to learn
- A new language (Spanish in our case, check out our foreign language curriculum resources)
- How to cook at least one meal on my own from scratch.
- 10 new songs on the piano (check out our favorite online piano lessons)
- To brush my teeth twice a day without being reminded
- All 50 states of America and the capitals.
- How to do the rubix cube without a youtube video helping! (check out our other one player games)
I want to stop
- Arguing with mom and dad
- Playing on my XBox too much
- Eating too much candy
- Leaving out toys and books when I have finished with them
- Saying I’m bored
I want to travel to
- England (we are hopefully going home for a visit in 2022)
- San Diego for Comic Con!
- Orlando to go to the new Star Wars Hotel at Disney
- New York
- Atlanta to the Coke museum
- Miami to see Miami Heat play
I want to try
- My hardest in homeschool (check out all of our homeschool curriculum posts)
- To keep my bedroom tidy!
- To play basketball every day to get fit (check out our top basketball gifts, if you also have a huge basketball fan!)
- and be green, by recycling more.
- To read a new book every 2 weeks (or day, month, week depending on the age of your child.)
- To do my chores without being asked
I want to be
- Able to calm down on my own without mom giving me activities to do
- Nice every day!
- Helpful to my mom and help around the house
- Fit and healthy
- Financially prepared (check out our favorite financial literacy curriculum, Moneytime)
New Years Resolution Printables
If you are looking for other styles of New Years’ resolution printables I recommend these from Etsy.
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and then click on the shrink to fit button. With all of our printables, they work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
What are your New Year resolutions for kids? Please let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated on 19 April 2022 by homeschoolof1