Christmas will be here before we know it. It is one of our favorite times of the year to bring out the paint and get creative. Download our free penguin handprint craft template below and create a wonderful keepsake.
This is such a lovely way to get messy with the kids while creating happy memories.
If you love handprint arts I think you will also love our alphabet handprint series. This is such a fun way to learn the alphabet.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
You probably have all of the supplies to make these fun penguin handprints.
- cardstock (or if you want to print it on colored paper we love this colorful cardstock)
- washable paints (this is the paint we use for all of our handprint crafts)
- coloring pens
- googly wiggle eyes (Optional)
- Wipes!! It helps to have these handy so you don’t make a complete mess of your table!
Print out the template below, it will print out on one page and will print out in portrait. Make sure to check the printer settings.
You can of course print this on normal printer paper, but with all of our crafts, they always look better on cardstock.
Grab the supplies above and get creating!
Let the kids decide what color handprints they want to use. We have decided to use black fingers with a yellow palm for our penguins.
Use a small paintbrush to add a thin layer of paint to their hand. Make sure you have the wipes handy!!
Cover their hands with paint and place their hand with their fingers pointing down with their palms just under the penguin’s head. Press down all along their hand to make sure the handprint transfers fully.
Pull the child’s hand up carefully, ensuring you don’t smudge the handprints.
Let it dry completely before coloring the penguins and the snowflakes.
Before you download our free Christmas handprint template below I wanted to share with you a fantastic deal.
If you are in a rush and are tired of searching for Christmas handprint printables you can purchase all of my Christmas handprint templates for a small fee here. Exclusive printables are included, not found anywhere else, and 12 pages to print!
- Christmas tree handprint template
- Snowman handprint template
- Reindeer handprint template
- Christmas bells handprint template (exclusive)
- Reindeer handprint (exclusive)
- Mistletoe handprint template (exclusive)
- Christmas tree handprint (exclusive)
- Penguin handprint template
- Christmas gnomes handprint template
- Snowglobe handprint template
- Angel handprint template
- Santa handprint template
Download Free Penguin Handprint Template
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Other Christmas activities I think you will love:
- Educational Christmas activities to do either at home or at school.
- Christmas placemats to color with fun activities
- Free handprint snow globe template
Last Updated on 15 August 2022 by homeschoolof1