Christmas will be here before we know it. It is one of our favorite times of the year to bring out the paint and get creative. Download our free handprint Christmas tree craft below and create a wonderful keepsake.
Let the holiday spirit shine with this handprint craft, a fun and festive addition to your collection of Christmas activities for kids. Watch their excitement as they use their handprints to create a unique and personalized Christmas tree masterpiece, spreading joy and creativity this holiday season.
Both the kids and you will enjoy creating this Christmas tree with handprints. Then they can color in the presents and the star at the bottom and top of the tree.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Christmas Tree Handprint Art
You probably have all of the supplies to make this super cute Christmas tree handprint.
Supplies needed for the Christmas handprint pictures:
- cardstock (or if you want to print it on colored paper we love this colorful cardstock)
- washable paints
- coloring pens
- Wipes!! It helps to have these handy so you don’t make a complete mess of your table!
How to use the Christmas tree handprint template:
Print out the template below, it will print out on one full page and will print out in portrait. Make sure to check the printer settings.
This easy Christmas tree template printable is free to print but is for personal and classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the post and add your email address to get the pdf file.
You can of course print this on normal printer paper, but with all of our crafts, they always look better on cardstock.
Grab the supplies above and get creating!
Let the little kids decide what color handprints they want to use, but of course, green is the traditional color!
Covering both hands in either the same color or slightly different shades of green would look amazing. Place their hands facing down from the bottom of the star and place one slightly on top of the other, so their fingers just reach the presents at the bottom of the tree.
This could either be done with 2 or 3 handprints (depending on the size of their hands!) Press down all along their hand to make sure the hand print transfers fully.
Pull the child’s hands up carefully, ensuring you don’t smudge the handprints.
Let it dry completely before coloring the presents and the star.
What to Do With Your Kids Handprint Christmas Tree Art
There are many creative and fun ideas to do with a kid’s handprint Christmas tree picture. Here are some suggestions:
- Cut out the handprint Christmas tree and glue it onto a folded piece of cardstock to create a homemade Christmas card. Write a special message inside and send it to family and friends.
- Punch a hole at the top of the handprint Christmas tree, thread a ribbon through it, and hang it on your Christmas tree. You can also attach it to a wreath or garland to add a personal touch to your holiday decor.
- Frame the handprint Christmas tree and display it in your home as a special keepsake. You can also write the child’s name and the year on the frame to commemorate the occasion.
- Wrap a small gift with plain wrapping paper, then glue the handprint Christmas tree onto the top of the package for a festive touch.
- Cut out the handprint Christmas tree, laminate it, and then attach a ribbon to the top to create a personalized ornament that your child can hang on the tree.
Other kids Christmas activities you are going to love:
- Christmas treasure hunt
- Parts of a Christmas tree worksheet
- Free printable Christmas bookmarks
- Christmas cards for kids to color
- Printable Christmas tags
WANT ALL OUR CHRISTMAS HANDPRINTS IN ONE PLACE?
Download the Christmas Tree Handprint Template
Last Updated on 14 September 2023 by homeschoolof1