Free Statue of Liberty Worksheets for Kids
Learn all about Lady Liberty with our free Statue of Liberty worksheets and coloring pages.
There are 8 worksheets to download including labeling the statue, fact finding, plus 6 pages all about the history of the Statue of Liberty.
The Statue of Liberty is also included in our 17 free American landmark worksheets.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Statue of Liberty Worksheet
Download the printable Statue of Liberty worksheet below.
This Statue of Liberty printable is free to print but is for personal and classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the post and add your email address to get the pdf file.
Learn all about Lady Liberty with this worksheet.
The children will have to do their research either from the internet or books about the Statue of Liberty and they will need to show the height, weight, materials, and interesting facts about her.
This what is the statue of liberty book is a great way to find out this information.
What is the height of the Statue of Liberty? The Statue of Liberty is 151 feet tall and stands on a pedestal that is 154 feet tall, making the height of the entire sculpture 305 feet.
What is the weight of the Statue of Liberty? The total weight is 225 tons (450,000lbs).
What is Lady Liberty made from? She is made out of copper 3/32 inches thick, the same as two U.S. pennies put together.
Where is the Statue of Liberty? Liberty Island in New York Harbor, NYC.
Interesting Facts about the Statue of Liberty
- The statue’s crown bears seven spikes that symbolize the seven oceans and seven continents of the world and emphasize her message of welcome, inclusiveness, and freedom.
- Lady Liberty is struck by lightning 600 times a year.
- Gustave Eiffel (the designer of the Eiffel Tower) helped build it.
- Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi, the sculptor who designed the statue, is said to have modeled her face after his own mother.
- Visitors climb 354 steps (22 stories) to look out from 25 windows in the crown.
- When the statue was assembled on Bedloe’s Island (now named Liberty Island), it was a beautiful brown color. It stayed this way for around 35 years until 1920 when the copper skin had begun to oxidize and turn the lovely sea green we know today.
- Lady Liberty can sway up to three inches in any direction during heavy winds, while her torch can sway up to five inches.
- The Statue of Liberty was the tallest statue in America at the time.
- The full name of the statue is Liberty Enlightening the World.
- The robed female figure represents Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom.
You can download all 8 Statue of Liberty worksheets for free at the end of this page.
Statue of Liberty Label Worksheet
Label the parts of the Statue of Liberty, and then color her in.
The six words are at the bottom of the worksheet so the children know how to spell all the words. They have to identify the torch, the crown, her arm, the robe, the tablet, and the base.
Statue of Liberty History Coloring Pages
In 1865, the French historian Edouard de Laboulaye proposed that France create a statue to give to the United States in celebration of the nation’s democracy.
The sculptor, Frederic Auguste Bartholdi designed the sculpture. The goal was to design it in time for the centenary of the Declaration of Independence.
The tablet the lady is holding has the date of July 4, 1776. The date of the Declaration of Independence.
IN 1885 the statue was completed and disassembled, packed in over 200 crates, and shipped to New York.
On October 28, 1886, President Grover Cleveland officially dedicated the Statue of Liberty.
The Statue is located on Liberty Island (previously called Bedloe Island), a short ferry ride from America’s most famous immigration center, Ellis Island.
Statue of Liberty Books & Activities for Kids
We always like to add some fun activities and a book to our studies, and there are lots to choose from about Lady Liberty.
Her Right Foot, is an excellent picture book all about the Statue of Liberty and makes a great read aloud.
This Ravensburger Statue of Liberty 3D puzzle is the night edition and it lights up. We love Ravensburger 3D puzzles and this one does not disappoint.
Younger students will absolutely love these mapology statues of America there are 10 monuments to build including the Statue of Liberty.
The Statue of Liberty has even been made into countless sets of Lego so if you are looking for gifts for Lego lovers this is the answer.
For a small fee, you can download all of our government worksheets. There are 136 pages included in this download including:
- The Constitution (10 pages)
- History of the Flag (12 pages)
- Supreme Court (15 pages)
- Statue of Liberty (8 pages)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (10 pages)
- Abraham Lincoln (11 pages)
- Pledge of Allegiance (6 pages)
- Founding Fathers (9 pages)
- Thomas Jefferson (5 pages)
- Government Worksheets (13 pages)
- Bill of Rights (10 pages)
- George Washington (13 pages)
- Benjamin Franklin (4 pages)
- Declaration of Independence (10 pages)
Download free Lady Liberty Worksheets
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Last Updated on 6 February 2023 by homeschoolof1