Are you ready to celebrate Earth Day in an engaging and educational way? Our Earth Day word scramble is a fantastic tool to both entertain and educate kids about environmental awareness.
This printable game is not just a fun activity but also a subtle learning resource that introduces key Earth Day concepts.
Through this word scramble, children can explore important environmental terms, reinforcing their understanding of our planet’s needs. This activity is perfect for parents and educators looking to add an interactive element to Earth Day lessons.
Here’s where the excitement of unscrambling words meets the essence of Earth Day. This Earth Day word scramble is an excellent way to keep kids intrigued while they learn.
It’s a great addition to any Earth Day activities for elementary students. By engaging in this word scramble, children develop their vocabulary and spelling skills, all while focusing on the importance of environmental protection.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Earth Day scramble words
These free word scramble printables for Earth Day are great either for the classroom, or homeschool.
This Earth Day word scramble is a great game for elementary and middle school-aged kids. I have added two versions of the word game.
This printable Earth Day word scramble puzzle is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
One has no clues at all, and one has the actual words around the side of the puzzle to make it easier for younger kids.
Print off as many copies as you need and have fun. Let me know in the comments what your hardest word was.
We also love playing mad libs all year round, but this Earth Day mad libs book is another great fun activity to keep them entertained.
The first sheet is the easiest word scramble. They all have 12 words to find, but this version below has the answers written in yellow around the sides.
This will make it much easier for younger children.
The second word scramble is much harder. There are no answers at all, so the children have to try and unscramble the words.
The only clue is, that all of the words are related to the planet and recycling!
Earth Day Word Scramble Answers
Here are the 12 words that were hidden in the scramble, each reflecting the spirit and importance of Earth Day. And don’t worry, if you’re having trouble finding any of the words, an answer sheet is included with the download for your convenience.
- Earth: The very planet we call home and are learning to care for.
- Planet: A reminder of the vast, beautiful world we are a part of.
- Recycle: A key action in reducing waste and preserving natural resources.
- April: The month when we celebrate Earth Day and renew our commitment to the planet.
- Environment: The natural world around us, from parks in the city to the wild jungles.
- Grow: Symbolizing both the growth of plants and our personal growth in environmental awareness.
- Plant: Essential to our ecosystem, plants provide oxygen and habitats for wildlife.
- Protect: Our duty to safeguard the Earth for future generations.
- Climate: A vital aspect of our planet’s health that we need to understand and preserve.
- Reduce: The first step in the waste hierarchy, aiming to minimize waste generation.
- Reuse: Encouraging the repurposing of items to extend their life and reduce waste.
- Compost: A natural way to recycle organic waste, turning it into valuable fertilizer for plants.
Additional free Earth Day worksheets
If you’re looking for more ways to engage with Earth Day, our collection of free worksheets is perfect for you. Each activity is designed to be both fun and educational, emphasizing the importance of Earth Day in a way that resonates with kids.
- These Earth Day writing prompt printables offer a range of thought-provoking prompts that encourage kids to write about Earth Day topics. From discussing ways to help the environment to imagining a day in the life of a tree, these prompts are great for sparking creativity and environmental consciousness.
- A perfect blend of art and awareness, these Earth Day bookmarks printable can be colored and decorated by kids. They feature Earth-themed designs and serve as a fun, creative reminder to care for our planet every time a child picks up their favorite book.
- Dive into coloring fun with our free Earth Day coloring pages. These sheets are filled with images of nature, animals, and Earth, providing a relaxing and enjoyable way for children to engage with the concepts of environmental protection and appreciation.
- Our interactive Earth Day scavenger hunt printable is a wonderful way to get kids outdoors and exploring nature. It encourages them to observe and find specific items in their environment, turning Earth Day into an exciting adventure of discovery.
You will also enjoy our free Earth Day word search printable!
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Print out the free word scramble to play on Earth Day
Last Updated on 23 January 2024 by homeschoolof1