Earth Day (April 22nd) is a great day to talk about the environment with the kids. These 10 different Earth Day writing prompts are a great way for them to write essays about it.
There are 10 free printable writing prompts all with Earth Day-themed images on them, plus 2 blank sheets of paper if they can’t stop writing!
These Earth Day writing prompts are perfect for both elementary and middle school-aged children.
Other Earth Day activities include:
- Earth Day coloring pages
- Earth Day scavenger hunt
- Coloring bookmarks for Earth Day
- Earth Day word search printable
- Over 30 Earth Day crafts the kids will love.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Earth Day Writing Prompts
These 10 Earth Day writing prompts are a perfect way to encourage the kids to write, but also help start the conversation about the planet.
You don’t need to print out the free writing prompts if you don’t want to, these are the 10 we have included:
- My best friend is the best superhero, he is Recycle Man.
- Mom, can I please grow my own vegetables?
- I am going to give up electronics for a month to save energy, discuss.
- Why is eating organic food better for the planet?
- My master plan on how to be better for the planet.
- I should have shorter showers, for and against.
- Plastic straws should be banned, discuss.
- If I had $100 how would I spend it on caring for the environment?
- Why is it so important to recycle?
- Dear Mr. President.
Treat the kids (or yourself of course) to this super cute make every day Earth Day T-shirt.
Environmental Writing Prompts
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
For other free writing prompts check out:
Last Updated on 18 April 2022 by homeschoolof1