Earth Day, on April 22nd, is a great day to talk about the environment and climate change with the kids. These 10 different Earth Day writing prompts are a great way for them to write a story all about planet Earth.
These Earth Day writing prompts are perfect for elementary and middle school-aged children.
Add these to your Earth Day activities for elementary students this April.
There are 10 free writing prompts for kids all with Earth Day-themed images on them.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Earth Day Journal Prompts
These 10 Earth Day creative writing prompts are a perfect way to encourage the kids to write and help start the conversation about the planet.
You don’t need to print out the fun writing prompts if you don’t want to, but these are the 10 we have included:
- My best friend is the best superhero, he is Recycle Man.
- Mom, can I please grow my own vegetables?
- I am going to give up electronics for a month to save energy, discuss.
- Why is eating organic food better for the planet?
- My master plan. How I can do better for the planet.
- I should use less water, for and against.
- Plastic straws should be banned, discuss.
- If I had $100 how would I spend it on caring for the environment?
- Why is it so important to recycle?
- Dear Mr. President.
Treat the kids (or yourself of course) to this super cute make every day Earth Day T-shirt.
Additional Earth Day fun
Other Earth Day activities include:
- Earth Day word scramble
- Earth Day coloring pages
- Earth Day scavenger hunt
- Earth Day bookmarks printable
- Earth Day word search printable
- Earth Day crafts the kids will love.
Have even more fun writing with these earth day handwriting printables for 1st and 2nd graders.
Other free writing prompts:
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable Earth Day writing activities
Last Updated on 2 October 2023 by homeschoolof1