Christmas will be here before we know it. It is one of our favorite times of the year to bring out the paint and get creative. Download our free gnome handprint template below and create a wonderful gnome keepsake.
Get into the festive spirit with a gnome handprint craft, a delightful addition to the lineup of Christmas activities for kids. Let their creativity shine as they transform their handprints into adorable gnomes, adding a touch of whimsy to the holiday season.
This is such a lovely way to get messy with the kids while creating happy memories.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Handprint gnome beard craft
You probably have all of the supplies to make these fun little Christmas gnome handprints.
Craft supplies needed:
- cardstock (or if you want to print it on colored paper we love this colorful cardstock)
- washable paints (these are the paints we use for all of our handprint art)
- googly wiggle eyes (Optional)
- Wipes!! It helps to have these handy so you don’t make a complete mess of your table!
How to use the gnome template:
This free gnome handprint template is free to print but is for personal use or classroom use only. Scroll to the end of the post to get the pdf file.
Print out the template below, it will print out on one full page and will print out in portrait. Make sure to check the printer settings.
You can of course print this on normal printer paper, but with all of our crafts, they always look better on cardstock.
Grab the supplies above and get creating!
Let the kids decide what color handprint they want to use. We decided to use grey for the gnome’s beard.
Use a small paintbrush to add a thin layer of paint to their hand. Make sure you have the wipes handy!!
Cover both hands in either the same color or different colors, remember this is for their beards! Place their hands facing down from the nose of the gnome. Press down all along their hand to make sure the handprint transfers fully.
Pull the child’s hands up carefully, ensuring you don’t smudge the handprints.
Let it dry completely before adding the googly eyes. They can also color the gnome’s hat and the snowflakes if they want to.
WANT ALL OUR CHRISTMAS HANDPRINTS IN ONE PLACE?
Other Christmas activities
- Embrace the holiday spirit by reading on of the best Christmas read alouds.
- Spark creativity with free printable Elf on the Shelf coloring pages, allowing children to bring their imagination to life with vibrant colors and holiday themes.
- Explore a collection of free Elf on the Shelf printables, adding excitement and surprise to the holiday season.
- Engage in cheerful entertainment with free printable Christmas bingo cards adorned with festive holiday images, a perfect activity for gatherings that promises laughter and enjoyment for all ages.
- Craft a beautiful Christmas tree using our free handprint Christmas tree template. A creative and personalized activity that allows children to express their artistic flair while making a memorable decoration for the season.
Check out all of our kids handprint art.
Books about Christmas gnomes for kids
When you have finished creating your Christmas gnomes treat the kids to a fun book:
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free Christmas gnome handprint template
Last Updated on 8 January 2024 by homeschoolof1