Christmas will be here before we know it. It is one of our favorite times of the year to bring out the paint and get creative. Download our free angel handprint template below and create a wonderful keepsake.
Add a heavenly touch to your Christmas activities for kids with an angel handprint activity. Watch their faces light up as they transform their handprints into adorable angel wings, creating precious holiday keepsakes that will make the season even more magical.
This is such a lovely way to get messy with the kids while creating happy memories.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Handprint of an angel
You probably have all of the supplies to make this fun little angel craft.
- cardstock (or if you want to print it on colored paper we love this colorful cardstock)
- washable paints (this is the paint we use for all of our handprint crafts)
- coloring pens
- googly wiggle eyes (Optional)
- Wipes!! It helps to have these handy so you don’t make a complete mess of your table!
How to use the angel handprint template:
Print out the template below, it will print out on one page and will print out in landscape. Make sure to check the printer settings.
This angel template printable is free to print but is for personal and classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the post and add your email address to get the pdf file.
You can of course print this on normal printer paper, but with all of our crafts, they always look better on cardstock.
Grab the supplies above and get creating!
Let the kids decide what color handprints they want to use. We have decided to use a light blue for the angel’s wings.
Use a small paintbrush to add a thin layer of paint to their hand. Make sure you have the wipes handy!!
Cover their hands with paint and place each hand facing toward the bottom corners of the page with their palms on either side of the angel’s body.
Press down all along their hand to make sure the handprint transfers fully.
Pull the child’s hand up carefully, ensuring you don’t smudge the handprints.
Let it dry completely before coloring the angel.
WANT ALL OUR CHRISTMAS HANDPRINTS IN ONE PLACE?
Other Christmas activities
- Gather the family and cozy up with the best Christmas read alouds sharing heartwarming tales that evoke the magic of the season.
- Create an adventurous and thrilling Christmas treasure hunt with funny clues, leading kids through the holiday cheer to discover hidden surprises and treasures.
- Encourage creativity with our delightful handprint snow globe template. This template allows kids to transform their handprints into a festive snow globe, fostering imagination and offering a personalized touch to holiday decorations.
- Engage in a charming craft activity with a penguin handprint template. Children can decorate their handprints to resemble adorable penguins, creating a keepsake that captures the spirit of the season with a touch of creativity and fun.
Check out all of our kids handprint art!
Books about Christmas angels for kids
Immerse children in the magic and wonder of Christmas angels with these charming stories, offering lessons of compassion, joy, and the true meaning of the holiday season.
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free Christmas angel handprint template
Last Updated on 8 January 2024 by homeschoolof1