The kids are going to love these Halloween writing prompts this year. They will be begging for more!
There are 12 free printable writing prompts all with Halloween-themed images on them, plus 2 blank sheets of paper if they can’t stop writing!
These Halloween writing prompts are perfect for both elementary and middle school-aged children.
- Mad libs for Halloween
- Halloween word search printable
- Free Halloween coloring pages
- Halloween bookmarks to color
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Halloween Writing Prompts
You don’t need to print out the free writing prompts if you don’t want to, these are the 12 we have included:
- Trick or Treating should be banned for kids over 10 years old, discuss.
- I don’t think candy should be given on Halloween, discuss.
- If I gave you $500 would you sleep in a graveyard? Discuss
- I am scared of…
- My favorite Halloween memory is…
- What is your favorite holiday tradition and why?
- Do you like scary movies? If so why, or why not?
- My best friend is a ghost
- Which is better candy cane or candy corn?
- My house is haunted
- My Dad is Frankenstein and my brother is his monster (check out our free Handprint Frankenstein template)
- What is your favorite Halloween costume and why?
If they need even more encouragement why not treat them to a feathered quill? That will definitely put them in the spooky mood to get creative.
Why not also have some fun with this Mad Libs Trick or Treat book, the hours we can spend laughing at what the other person has written.
Halloween Journal Prompts Free Printable
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
For other free writing prompts check out:
Last Updated on 7 July 2022 by homeschoolof1