Are you learning about the letter A? If so you are going to love our letter A coloring page free printable.
This is no boring letter coloring page, the kids can color in the upper case letter A of course, but also 7 fun items that begin with the letter A.
Free printable alphabet coloring pages are aimed at preschoolers and kindergarteners and are a great fun way to learn about the alphabet.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Letter A coloring sheet
Discover the joys of learning with our free letter A coloring page, an incredibly simple yet wonderfully effective tool for teaching children about the letter A. It’s amazing how something as straightforward as coloring can turn into a lively and educational experience.
Encouraging kids to be creative while they learn is a fantastic approach, blending fun with education seamlessly.
After your child completes coloring the capital A and the assortment of images beginning with A, why not display their artwork?
Hang it in their bedroom or on the school wall. This not only celebrates their effort but also serves as a colorful reminder of their learning journey.
This free letter A coloring page is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
This coloring page isn’t just a simple letter worksheet; it’s a mini-adventure through various ‘A’ words, each accompanied by fun images and additional activities. Here’s what’s included:
- A is for Angel: Alongside the angel illustration, we provide a unique angel handprint craft template. It’s a delightful way to connect art and learning.
- A is for Astronaut: Spark imaginations with the astronaut image, perfect for little space enthusiasts.
- A is for Apple: This classic example comes with an A is for apple handprint template. Turning a simple coloring activity into a tactile experience.
- A is for Acorn: Introduce nature elements while teaching about the alphabet.
- A is for Ale: This might be an interesting way to discuss traditional drinks or historical aspects in a fun context.
- A is for Army: A great starting point for discussions about community helpers and professions.
How to use the letter A coloring page
Print out the template below, it will print out on one full page. Make sure to check the printer settings.
You can of course print this on normal printer paper, but with all of our printables, they always look better on cardstock.
As there are so many things to color in try and get the kids to use lots and lots of different colors.
This activity is an excellent way for kids to learn about the letter A, develop fine motor skills, and explore their creativity. Most importantly, emphasize the joy of learning and creativity; let them have fun as they color and discover!
Why use a letter A coloring page with your preschoolers?
Using a Letter A coloring page with preschoolers is an excellent educational choice for several reasons:
- It introduces young children to the letter A, helping them recognize its shape and form. This is a crucial step in learning the alphabet and in early reading skills.
- Coloring requires the use of small muscles in the hands and fingers, which helps develop fine motor skills. These skills are important for writing, buttoning clothes, and other daily tasks.
- Coloring within the lines improves hand-eye coordination. This coordination is essential for tasks like cutting, writing, and tying shoes.
- As they choose different colors for their coloring page, preschoolers learn to identify and name colors. This is an important part of their cognitive development.
- Coloring allows children to express themselves creatively. They make decisions about colors and how to fill the space, which fosters creativity and individual expression.
- Discussing the coloring page and any associated activities (like objects that start with A) can enhance vocabulary and language skills.
You will also enjoy our free alphabet animals coloring pages
Letter A books for preschool
When you’re doing letter of the week learning in preschool, it’s super cool to add a book that starts with the letter “A” to the mix.
It makes learning extra fun!
The book can help kids connect the letter “A” to a fun story or theme. And they get to learn new words that start with “A” too.
Plus, talking about the characters, places, and stuff that happens in the book is a great way to boost their language skills.
So grab an “A” book and let the learning adventure begin!
Amazing Airplanes takes young readers on an exciting journey through the world of airplanes. With engaging rhymes and vibrant illustrations, the book introduces various types of airplanes. Their parts, and the different jobs they do, sparking the imagination of little aviation enthusiasts.
A is for Apple is a delightful alphabet book. That uses engaging illustrations and simple text to introduce preschoolers to the letter “A” and a variety of everyday objects that begin with that letter. From apples to ants, the book encourages young learners to explore and identify objects while building their early literacy skills.
In Alligator Alphabet children embark on an adventurous trip through the alphabet with a clever alligator guide. The book combines catchy rhymes with colorful illustrations to introduce each letter and corresponding animal in a fun and memorable way. Making it an enjoyable tool for learning the ABCs.
WANT ALL OUR ALPHABET PRINTABLES IN ONE PLACE?
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable alphabet letter A coloring page
If you want to grab all of the letters of the alphabet in one place, you can purchase them here for a small fee. Or for a massively discounted price grab these handprint alphabet printables along with our new alphabet handprints in our 52-page bundle.
Last Updated on 14 January 2024 by homeschoolof1