Cinco de Mayo (or the 5th of May) is going to be here before we know it, and I am so excited (any excuse for a party!) I have created this Cinco de Mayo word search printable for you to download and enjoy with the kids.
Whether you’re planning an elaborate celebration or just a casual get-together, this activity adds an extra layer of fun to your Cinco de Mayo experience.
So, go ahead and dive into the festive spirit with this free Cinco de Mayo printable, and let the fiesta begin!
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Are there benefits to playing word search puzzles?
Word search printables are an excellent activity for when the kids just need a break. They are educational, but more importantly, they are fun.
Word searches are a great way to have fun with kids of all ages. These are the top 7 benefits of playing word puzzles:
- They help develop word recognition
- They help recognizable patterns
- They help with learning context clues
- They are a great way to introduce new vocabulary
- They help improve spelling
- They are a fun activity
- They are great for a little break (or when you need a break!)
Cinco de Mayo themed word search
Download the fun Cinco de Mayo word search below. There are 2 pages included, the puzzle and the answer key and they will print out in portrait. Make sure to check the printer setup.
This free printable Cinco de Mayo word search game is free to print but is for personal use or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
The Cinco de Mayo words can be found, horizontally, vertically, diagonally, frontwards, or backward! Just to make it that much harder!
I have also added some black and white Mexican-themed images for the kids to color in too! Perfect if the kids find the words too quickly!
Tip: I recommend either using a highlighter pen or circling around the letters. Do not cross the letters out if you have found a word, as it may be used in another word!
There are 15 Mexican words to find:
Why not treat the kids to a new book all about the holiday, these are the best Cinco de Mayo books.
If you are doing this in school or in a coop (or in a big family) why not get a prize for the person who finishes first? These Cinco de Mayo stickers will make a great little gift.
Other free Cinco de Mayo printables
Explore additional Cinco de Mayo printables for a delightful celebration:
- Unleash your creativity with Cinco de Mayo coloring pages, perfect for all ages. From sombreros to piñatas, these illustrations capture the spirit of the holiday.
- Use our free Cinco de Mayo bookmarks printable as fun reading companions this May.
- Challenge your linguistic skills with an engaging Cinco de Mayo word scramble. Unscramble Cinco de Mayo-related terms and enrich your vocabulary while having fun.
- Express your sentiments and creativity through Cinco de Mayo acrostic poem templates. These templates provide a structured yet imaginative way to compose poems that pay homage to the significance of Cinco de Mayo.
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free Cinco de Mayo word search printable
Other fun and free word search printables:
- Star Wars word search printable
- Mother’s Day word search printable
- Memorial Day word search printable
- Father’s Day word search printable
- July 4th word search printable
- Roald Dahl word search printable
Last Updated on 25 January 2024 by homeschoolof1