Free Sea Turtle Life Cycle Worksheet for Kids
Let’s learn all about the turtle with our free sea turtle life cycle worksheet.
In these 8-page life cycle worksheets all about the sea turtle, you will find a life cycle of a sea turtle, an information report, opinion writing, sea turtle research, and more.
These are perfect for 2nd – 4th-grade students. But can be adapted for younger or older students.
This is a no-preparation download, so if you have left it until the last minute (like I normally do!) this will be perfect for the kids at home or school.
We love creating free homeschool printables and have well over 300.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Sea Turtle Life Cycle Printable
The kids are going to love our free sea turtle life cycle worksheet.
You are going to enjoy it too, especially as you probably already have the necessary supplies!
- cardstock (printer paper will also work)
- coloring pens
- paper cutter or scissors
- brass fasteners
What’s included in the sea turtle worksheets?
Print out the sea turtle worksheets below, they will print out on 9 full pages. Make sure to check the printer settings.
These free life cycle of a sea turtle worksheets are free to print but are for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
- Research sea turtle information plus find 8 interesting facts about them.
- Opinion writing.
- Sea turtle fact sheet, use the internet and books to learn more about them.
- Research the 4 main stages of the sea turtle’s life.
- Color and label the parts of a sea turtle.
- Color and label the different cycles of the sea turtle.
- Sea turtle foldable craft, color, cut, stick, and fold the 4 main life stages.
- Sea turtle life cycle spinning wheel craft.
The first worksheet is a planning sheet where the children have to find out about sea turtles. What their appearance is, their habitat and diet, movement, and any interesting facts.
Interesting facts about sea turtles
- Sea turtles lay their eggs in a nest they dig in the sand with their rear flippers. The group of eggs is called a clutch.
- Sea turtles usually lay 100-125 eggs per nest and will nest multiple times over several months.
- It depends on the temperature of the sand and the sex of the sea turtle. If it is colder it will produce males, and females if it is warmer.
- Leatherback sea turtles have existed in their current form since the age of the dinosaurs!
- Unlike other turtles, sea turtles do not retract into their shells.
- As reptiles, sea turtles breathe air, but they have the ability to remain submerged for hours at a time. They even sleep underwater.
- There are 7 species of sea turtles.
- Turtles don’t have teeth.
- Marine turtle species vary greatly in size. The smallest measure around 28 inches long, and weigh up to 90lb, whilst the largest can reach up to 6ft long and weigh 1,100lb.
These are just ideas, let the children come up with their own answers.
I love this opinion writing worksheet. Which do you like better a sea turtle or a fish?
The children will need access to the internet to complete the information about sea turtles. They need to find:
- In what countries can you find sea turtles in their natural habitat?
- How long do sea turtles live? In the wild, and in captivity
- How many babies do they typically have?
- The type of birth, is it egg or live?
- What food do sea turtles eat? How do they get their food?
- What is the population of sea turtles? What is their biggest threat?
We also use the book Life Cycles for our studies they have 2 pages just for the sea turtle. We also love to use this life cycle kit, but it does not include the sea turtle.
Research the different stages of a sea turtle’s life cycle.
The next two pages involve labeling and coloring the sea turtle.
Label the parts of a sea turtle, bottom shell (plastron), eye, head, top shell (carapace), scute, and flipper. Then color in the sea turtle.
On the next page, the children have to color the different stages of the sea turtle’s life, and then label which is which.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to grab all 8 free life cycle of a sea turtle printables.
Free sea turtle crafts
The first page is a fun sea turtle craft that involves coloring, folding, cutting, and gluing.
I recommend coloring the images in first, but if you are working with much younger children then you might want to cut them in advance.
Cut up the sea turtle craft, younger children may need some help.
Sort the images into the correct order and glue them under the nest. When you have glued the pictures you need to fold them along the dotted lines.
The next turtle craft is the life cycle of a sea turtle spinner wheel.
Cut out the two circles, and make sure on the sea turtle life cycle image you cut out the blank quarter.
Place the sea turtle life cycle image with the quarter cut out on top of the other image and add a brass fastener to the middle.
Books about sea turtles the kids will love
The kids are going to love these sea turtle books too:
Download the free Sea Turtle Worksheets
If you are running short on time you can download ALL of our 19 life cycles for a small fee here. There are 158 pages over 19 different life cycles, including this one.
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)