Christmas will be here before we know it. It is one of our favorite times of the year to bring out the paint and get creative. Download our free snowman handprint template below and create a wonderful winter keepsake.
Capture the winter wonderland magic with a snowman handprint craft, a delightful addition to the lineup of Christmas activities for kids.
Get messy with the kids this Christmas while making a fun snowman handprint. When finished the kids can enjoy decorating their snowman with a colorful scarf and adding arms.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Handprint snowman printable
The handprint snowman craft is a delightful winter activity that captures the joy of the season. Using the free template, this creative project allows children to personalize and adorn their snowmen with unique decorations, fostering a festive and imaginative atmosphere.
You probably have all of the supplies to make this fun little snowman.
Supplies needed to make a snowman handprint:
- cardstock (or if you want to print it on colored paper we love this colorful cardstock)
- washable paints
- googly wiggle eyes (optional)
- glue to stick the eyes on (optional)
- Wipes!! It helps to have these handy so you don’t make a complete mess of your table!
How to make the snowman handprint art
Print out the handprint snowman template below, it will print out on one full page and will print out in portrait. Make sure to check the printer settings.
You can of course print this on normal printer paper, but with all of our crafts, they always look better on cardstock.
Grab the supplies above and get creating!
Let the kids decide what color handprint they want to use. But we have used grey for the snowman’s body and green and red for his hat.
Use a small paintbrush to add a thin layer of paint to their hand. Make sure you have the wipes handy!!
Cover one hand in the same color paint (we used grey).
The other hand paint the palm of their hand in the same color as the other one. But the fingers need to be colored in different colors for the snowman’s hat.
Press one hand with the fingers pointing to the bottom of the page just under the snowman’s scarf. The other hand has the fingers pointing to the top of the page (this one needs to be the one with the different colored fingers.)
Press down all along their hand to make sure the handprint transfers fully.
Pull the child’s little hands up carefully, ensuring you don’t smudge the handprints.
Let it dry completely before adding the googly eyes, and the carrot nose. They can also color the snowflakes and the scarf if they want to.
WANT ALL OUR CHRISTMAS HANDPRINTS IN ONE PLACE?
Other Christmas ideas
Indulge in the holiday spirit with an array of joyful activities! Apart from the charming Handprint Snowman craft, explore a world of festive fun.
- Enjoy festive fun with family and friends through free printable Christmas bingo featuring iconic holiday symbols like Santa, snowflakes, and reindeer.
- Explore a variety of the best Christmas board games tailored for the season, fostering laughter and bonding during holiday gatherings.
- Create an exciting Christmas treasure hunt with cleverly crafted clues leading participants on a merry adventure to discover hidden Christmas surprises.
- Share the joy with a heartwarming snowman soup and an endearing poem, perfect for cozy moments and thoughtful gifts during the winter season. Download our snowman soup free printable bag toppers to make it even more special.
Check out all of our kids handprint art
Best snowman books for kids
Why not treat the kids to a snowman themed book for when they have completed their masterpiece, these are our favorites:
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free snowman handprint template
Last Updated on 2 February 2024 by homeschoolof1