My son loves to read, I mean really loves to read. Therefore, I wanted to share with you his absolute favorite books for 13 year old boys that he can’t put down.
He is a self-confessed geek and loves all things Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Marvel, so a lot of these kids books fall into this category. But that’s ok, he is still reading.
He has just taken a mapping test and his Lexile score is 1225L–1375LL, this apparently is nearly college-ready. The only reason I share this, is I have never told him what books to read. He is free to choose whatever books he wants, whether they are picture books, comics, reading books, reference books, or encyclopedias.
So some of the books in this list will also be suitable for younger children, but they will be enjoyed by teenagers too. I have previously shared our top 100 books for 9 year old boys too, so if you have younger children check this out.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Best Book For 13 Year Old Boy
The absolute best books for a 13-year-old boy according to Freddie are the Harry Potter series. He only started reading these last year and is still going through them now.
What I love about this is not only do I get him to write a book report (only because we homeschool!!) and then we watch the movie and he writes a comparison of book vs movie. But if you don’t homeschool, or have a reluctant reader I would advise against doing this!
Books For 13 Year Old Boys
Not all of these books are reading books, and some of them are even considered educational! (I know shock horror) But I promise you these books are absolutely perfect for 13 year old boys, and they will be begging you for more.
- Best Nerds Forever by James Patterson
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K.Rowling
- The Wizenard Series: Training Camp created with Kobe Bryant
- The Outsiders
- The Untouchables by Gordon Korman
- Steve Jobs: Insanely Great
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- I Have a Bad Feeling About This
- The Final Four
- Greyson Gray: Camp Legend
- Boy21 by Matthew Quick
Boys Book Series
- Harry Potter
- The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings
- Star Wars Shakespeare there are 9 books in total, and so far we have only 5, but they are absolutely awesome.
- Trials of Apollo, by Rick Riordan
- Theodore Boone by John Grisham
- I Funny a Middle School Story by James Patterson these are definitely aimed at slightly younger children, but he loves them.
- Alex Rider by Anthony Horowitz
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Star Wars Books
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Sith
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition: The Definitive Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Thrawn Ascendancy
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Year By Year
Marvel & DC Books
- The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained
- Marvel Greatest Comics: 100 Comics that Built a Universe
- The Marvel Book: Expand Your Knowledge Of A Vast Comics Universe
- Marvel Encyclopedia
- The DC Comics Encyclopedia
- Superman: Dawnbreaker
- The Comic Garage Super Box – This is a subscription box and comes monthly with 10 different comics, you can choose your favorite characters or let it be random. We have only had one so far delivered, but he absolutely loves them. So much so we had to buy comic covers to protect them!
Self Help Books
- What color is your parachute? This is a great career exploration book, check out our free worksheets and printables to help your teen think about the next steps.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, Sean Covey
- Life Skills for Teens: How to Cook, Clean, Manage Money, Fix Your Car, Perform First Aid, and Just About Everything in Between
- How to Survive Anything: Shark Attack, Lightning, Embarrassing Parents, Pop Quizzes, and Other Perilous Situations
- The DBT Skills Workbook for Teens A Fun Guide to Manage Anxiety and Stress, Understand Your Emotions and Learn Effective Communication Skills
- 52 Modern Manners For Today’s Teens
Last Updated on 13 April 2022 by homeschoolof1