We are learning about reindeer in our homeschool as we head toward December. These free life cycle of a reindeer worksheets are a great way to learn while having fun.
In these 8-page life cycle worksheets all about the reindeer, you will find a life cycle of a reindeer, an information report, opinion writing, reindeer research, and more.
These are perfect for 2nd – 4th-grade students. But can be adapted for younger or older students.
This is a no-preparation download, so if you have left it until the last minute (like I normally do!) this will be perfect for the kids at home or in school.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Reindeer Life Cycle Worksheets
Explore the enchanting world of reindeer and their life cycle through engaging worksheets, a wonderful addition to the collection of Christmas activities for kids. Where young learners can discover fascinating facts while embracing the magic of the holiday season.
The kids are going to love our free reindeer life cycle worksheet. You will love them as they are not only fun, but you probably have all the supplies already!
- cardstock (printer paper will also work)
- coloring pens
- paper cutter or scissors
- brass fasteners
What’s included in the download?
Print out the reindeer worksheets below, they will print out on 9 full pages. Make sure to check the printer settings.
- Research reindeer information plus find 8 interesting facts about them.
- Opinion writing.
- Reindeer fact sheet, use the internet and books to learn more about them.
- Research the 4 main stages of the reindeer’s life.
- Color and label the parts of a reindeer.
- Color and label the different cycles of the reindeer.
- Reindeer foldable craft, color, cut, stick, and fold the 4 main life stages.
- Reindeer life cycle spinning wheel craft.
The first worksheet is a planning sheet where the children have to find out about reindeer. What their appearance is, their habitat and diet, movement, and any interesting facts.
Interesting facts about Reindeer
- Reindeer and caribou are the same animal and are a member of the deer family.
- Both male and female reindeer grow antlers.
- Reindeer live in the Arctic, Greenland, Russia, Scandinavia, Alaska, and Canada.
- Reindeer spend up to 40% of their lives in snow.
- They can swim.
- Lots of veins circulate warm blood around the reindeer’s nose, so they “sort of” have red noses.
- The males lose their antlers in December, and females will lose theirs in the summer. But they grow back each year.
- They can be domesticated.
- A reindeer’s hoof can adapt to the seasons and easily walk on snow.
- Santa’s reindeer are called: Rudolph, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen.
- There are 8 different types of reindeer.
- Their eyesight and hearing aren’t very good so they rely largely on smell.
I love this opinion writing worksheet. Which do you like better a reindeer or a snowman?
You will also enjoy our free if I were a reindeer worksheet
The children will need access to the internet to complete the information about reindeer. They need to find:
- In what countries can you find reindeer in their natural habitat?
- How long do reindeer live? In the wild, and in captivity
- How many babies do they typically have?
- The type of birth, is it egg or live?
- What food do reindeer eat? How do they get their food? Download our free reindeer food printable and make some magical reindeer food for Christmas!)
- What is the population of reindeer? What is their biggest threat?
We love to add the Life Cycles book to our studies.
The next two pages involve labeling and coloring the reindeer.
Label the parts of a reindeer worksheet, antlers, hooves, muzzle, ear, tail, and legs. Then color in the reindeer.
On the next page the children have to color the different stages of the reindeer’s life, and then label which is which.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to grab all 8 free life cycle of a reindeer worksheets.
The first page is a fun reindeer craft that involves coloring, folding, cutting, and gluing.
I recommend coloring the images in first, but if you are working with much younger children then you might want to cut them in advance.
Cut up the reindeer craft, younger children may need some help.
Sort the images into the correct order and glue them under the reindeer bull. When you have glued the images you need to fold along the dotted lines.
The next reindeer craft is the life cycle of a reindeer spinner wheel.
Cut out the two circles, and make sure on the reindeer life cycle image you cut out the blank quarter.
Place the reindeer life cycle image with the quarter cut out on top of the other image and add a brass fastener to the middle.
When you have finished with these why not download our free reindeer handprint craft too?
The kids are going to love these reindeer books too:
Other free science printables you will enjoy
You will also enjoy these free printable science worksheets:
- Life cycle of a goose worksheets
- Life cycle of a butterfly worksheets
- Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Life cycle of a hedgehog worksheets
WANT ALL OUR LIFE CYCLE WORKSHEETS IN ONE PLACE?
Younger children will also enjoy our free reindeer worksheets for preschoolers printables.
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free Life Cycle of Reindeer Worksheets
If you are running short on time you can download all of our life cycle worksheets. There are 247 pages over 23 different life cycles.
Last Updated on 25 November 2023 by homeschoolof1