Let’s have some fun this December with this free if I were a reindeer worksheet.
Encourage imaginative storytelling and holiday spirit with the If I Were a Reindeer writing printable. A fun addition to the assortment of Christmas activities for kids.
Let their creativity soar as they envision themselves as reindeer and pen down their exciting adventures in the festive season.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Fun reindeer writing activity
This is a great writing prompt for kids in elementary grades, and when they have finished writing they can color in the reindeer.
Put away the core curriculum and have fun with educational Christmas activities such as this.
Sometimes it is hard to get the kids to actually want to write. But with this fun reindeer writing worksheet, they will be asking for more.
It is also a great last minute activity for both school and homeschool, as there is no preparation required for this.
How to use the reindeer writing prompt
Fill out the form at the bottom of the post to get the free if I were a reindeer printable.
There is 1 page to print and it will print out in portrait. Make sure to check the printer settings.
Give the children the worksheet along with a pencil and some coloring pens, or crayons.
If I were a reindeer ….
- My name would be
- My reindeer job would be
- I would help Santa with
- My favorite food would be
- My favorite part about being a reindeer would be
Another fun activity to do with the kids is to play Christmas mad libs.
Learn all about Rudolph with our free life cycle of a reindeer worksheets.
When the kids have finished this writing activity then why not get messy with our reindeer handprint craft?
Best reindeer books for kids
Reindeer-themed books can be a delightful addition to a child’s reading collection, especially during the holiday season. Here’s a list of engaging and fun reindeer books that are sure to captivate young readers:
- Never let a unicorn meet a reindeer. This whimsical and imaginative book takes young readers on an enchanting journey where a unicorn and a reindeer meet. It explores the magic of friendship, the wonder of the holiday season, and the importance of cherishing unique and unexpected connections. The book is filled with colorful illustrations that bring the story to life.
- Fritz the farting reindeer. This hilariously titled book is a playful and silly take on the classic Christmas character. Fritz, the reindeer, has a unique talent that sets him apart from his fellow reindeer, and this story embraces individuality and teaches kids about acceptance and celebrating differences. It’s a lighthearted and giggle-inducing read.
- How to catch a reindeer. This book combines the excitement of holiday traditions with the thrill of a quest. It follows the adventures of a group of children as they attempt to catch a reindeer in a playful and entertaining manner. Kids can engage in the story as they learn about the creative and imaginative strategies the children use to try and catch this elusive holiday symbol.
Make some magic with our free reindeer food printable.
WANT ALL OUR CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES IN ONE PLACE?
Other free Christmas word fun
- Elf word search free printable
- Elf word scramble printable
- If I were an elf writing worksheet
- Christmas writing prompts
- Christmas alphabet worksheets
- Christmas word search printable
- Christmas word scramble printable
- Reindeer worksheets for preschoolers
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free reindeer writing activity
You may also enjoy our free If I were an astronaut worksheet too.
Last Updated on 25 November 2023 by homeschoolof1