13 Free Government Worksheets. What Is the US Government?
Learning about the government is super important and should be done as early as possible. These 13 free government worksheets are perfect for early elementary grades. But can be used as a bit of fun for older grades.
In fact, we are using them in middle school. They are too easy for this age level, but a perfect break from the government curriculum we are currently working on.
This social studies worksheet has the answers included in the sheet so no need for extra resources. But, I will add some of our favorite government resources below.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
American Government Worksheets
These 13 fun government worksheets include the following that you can print out for free.
- US Government
- Executive Branch
- Judicial Branch
- Legislative Branch
- Pledge of Allegiance (download our free Pledge of Allegiance worksheets)
- Lady Justice
- Supreme Court (learn all about the judges with our free Supreme Court worksheet)
- House of Representatives
- Statue of Liberty (download our free Statue of Liberty worksheets)
- Declaration of Independence (download our free Declaration of Independence worksheet)
- Bill of Rights (for even more fun why not print off our free Bill of Rights coloring pages and our free Bill of Rights word search)
If you enjoy this worksheet, you will also love these FREE Presidents Day coloring pages. Have fun learning all about the current and previous Presidents.
United States Government Resources for Kids
If you are looking for upper elementary and middle school grades check out our homeschool civics curriculum resources.
Here are our favorite government books and resources that work well along with these free government worksheets.
- 4-week unit study on the American government for kids of all ages.
- President’s Day word scramble.
- Preamble To The Constitution Printable Activity Pack.
- USA Government posters.
- The Little Book of Government.
- What Does the Constitution Say?: A Kid’s Guide to How Our Democracy Works.
- Understanding the United States Constitution Workbook, Grades 5-12.
For a small fee, you can download all of our government worksheets. There are 136 pages included in this download including:
- The Constitution (10 pages)
- History of the Flag (12 pages)
- Supreme Court (15 pages)
- Statue of Liberty (8 pages)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (10 pages)
- Abraham Lincoln (11 pages)
- Pledge of Allegiance (6 pages)
- Founding Fathers (9 pages)
- Thomas Jefferson (5 pages)
- Government Worksheets (13 pages)
- Bill of Rights (10 pages)
- George Washington (13 pages)
- Benjamin Franklin (4 pages)
- Declaration of Independence (10 pages)
Download the free printable US Government Worksheets
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables for kids work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Last Updated on 1 June 2023 by homeschoolof1
The worksheet on the Executive Branch indicates that the branch is part of Congress, but it is not. The Legislative Branch is part of Congress.
Hi again. I resent my request to download your worksheets using my first name and school email again this morning and I still have not received the initial email with the link to download the worksheet. I would really like to use these. I have a middle school student with extremely limited English and I think these will really help him. Is there any other way I can get this material? Thanks
Hi, no worries I am going to look into it and email you back
Hi. I have tried several times to download your free government worksheets and haven’t received the email from you to download them. Could you please help me get these worksheets? Thanks
Hi, that is strange. If you click in the grey box and fill out your email for me, you will receive an email (even if you have already done it) from me. Either click in the blue box or click on the link on the email and it will download immediately. If that doesn’t work if you reply to that email I will see if I can help further.