If you are looking for something super cute and fun to do, you are going to love this free Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. It was written with kids in mind, but I suppose you could have fun with your significant other too!
We absolutely love having treasure hunts and February is the perfect opportunity for fun Valentine’s Day activities for kids.
The Easter bunny should certainly not be the only one that gets to have treasure hunts!!
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
You are going to love our free scavenger hunt printables, and the kids will love them too! They are such a fun way to get the kids exploring.
Valentine’s Day Treasure Hunt Clues
These FREE Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt clues for kids are super easy to have fun with.
How to set up the Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt
Download the Valentine’s scavenger hunt clues below. There are 3 pages included with 4 clues per page.
This free printable Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
Print out the clues. They look better if you print in color, but black and white will still look great.
The clues will look better printed on cardstock (this is the one we use), but, normal copy paper will work perfectly.
Cut out the 12 clues. I have purposely kept the clues big, but of course, you can fold them if they need to fit in somewhere small. (I actually prefer a paper cutter as I don’t have a very steady hand.)
Grab a pen so you can mark off where you have left the clues and in what order! Trust me from experience, you should do this!
More importantly, you need to work out what their treasure will be for completing the treasure hunt. Carry on reading for our favorite gift ideas.
I have purposely not numbered these Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt clues, as I don’t know the layout of your house!
I have purchased some before with clue 1, clue 2, etc and the kids were running around the house like madmen! Now, not to say that is not an excellent way to make the treasure hunt go on for hours.
But for younger children, this might not be what you are looking for!
What are the Valentine’s scavenger hunt clues?
These 12 rhyming clues are perfect for younger or even older children. Especially if you don’t hide them in the obvious spots!
The 12 Valentine’s Day riddles for scavenger hunt are:
- Roses are red, violets are blue, and the next clue is hiding in your shoe.
- Valentine’s Day is here already, the next clue is hiding near your teddy.
- Love is in the air, your next clue is where you wash your hair.
- I love you, you love me, the next clue is hiding near the front door key.
- Violets are blue, roses are red, the next clue is hiding under your bed.
- Happy Valentines Day, your next clue is where you play.
- I love you so much, you make me complete, your next clue is hiding where you eat.
- Roses are red, the grass is green, the next clue is hiding in the washing machine!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, look in the sink for your next clue.
- The Valentines Day card helps me know you care, the next clue is on the chair.
- Hugs and kisses and Valentine’s wishes, the next clue is where you wash the dishes.
- My favorite flower is a rose, the next clue is where you would blow your nose.
If you are looking for even more Valentine’s scavenger hunt printables Etsy has lots more!
Valentine Gift Ideas for Kids
My son has a severe peanut allergy so candy is always hard to find that has been produced in a nut-free facility.
So we always prefer to find gifts that are NOT candy!
Here are our favorite Valentine’s gifts for kids:
- Valentine’s Day Mad Libs book
- Grumpy Monkey valentine gross-out book
- Heart-shaped fidget toy. These fidget toys are so simple, and yet they are always a winner in our house.
If you are looking for Valentine’s Day gifts for boys check out our latest post.
More free Valentine’s Day printables
These are our favorite free Valentine’s Day printables for kids:
- Valentine’s Day memory game
- Valentine bingo
- printable Valentine’s Day cards to color
- History of Valentine’s Day worksheet
Download the free Valentine’s day scavenger hunt clue cards
Other scavenger hunt ideas
We love scavenger hunt printables here and we pretty much do one for every holiday!
- Book scavenger hunt
- St Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt
- Easter scavenger hunt clues
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt
- 4th of July scavenger hunt
- Escape Room Puzzle ideas are great for older kids!
Last Updated on 22 August 2023 by homeschoolof1