Have fun this Easter with our fun and free Easter scavenger hunt clues. Help the Easter bunny hide these fun rhyming clues and have the best Easter egg scavenger hunt ever!
Hide these 12 rhyming Easter scavenger hunt clues around the house on Easter morning and leave their Easter basket with the last clue. All of these clue cards are for inside the house, just in case, it is raining.
This is one of our favorite Easter activities for kids and no matter how old our son gets we still do them!
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
If you have older kids why not treat them to an Easter escape room party at home? This doesn’t have to be with their friends if you don’t want to, just you and the kids will have an amazing time working out the puzzles.
Easter Treasure Hunt Clues
- The Easter Bunny is on his way, the next clue is hiding where you lay. (under the pillow)
- The Easter chick’s favorite color is blue, the next clue is hiding in your shoe (in their shoes)
- Friends and family are coming to eat, your next clue is under the seat (under their chair at the dining table)
- Happy Easter Sunday, your next clue is where you play (near where they play the most)
- The garden is lovely and green, the next clue is in the washing machine (in the washing machine).
- Have you made any Easter wishes? The next clue is hiding where you wash the dishes (in the dishwasher or kitchen sink)
- Did you get an Easter egg? The next clue is hiding on the table leg. (use tape and add it to the inside leg of the table)
- The Easter bunny is hiding, go and look, the next clue is hiding in your favorite book (use the clue as a bookmark sticking out of their favorite book, check out our top 20 favorite Easter books for kids)
- Chocolate tastes really good, the next clue is near something made of wood. (examples: coffee table, wood for the fire, the front door)
- I really love the Easter bunny, he has left the next clue near the honey. (in the pantry)
- There are lots of Easter chicks this year, the next clue is hiding behind your favorite toy’s ear. (hide the clue near their favorite teddy or toy, if it is a big teddy try and hide the clue under its ear.)
- Try not to eat too many yummy treats, the next clue is hiding in mommy’s bedsheets. (mommy’s bed)
How to Play The Easter Egg Hunt
Download the printable scavenger hunt below. There are 3 pages included with 12 different clues. Make sure to check the printer settings.
These free printable clues are free to print but are for personal use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page and add your email address to get the pdf file.
These 12 rhyming clues are perfect for younger kids but kids of all ages will have fun. Especially if you don’t hide them in the obvious spots!
I have purposely not numbered the clues so you can start and finish wherever works best for your family.
There isn’t really much else required to start with these FREE printables, well apart from a printer.
- Grab the free printable below
- Print out the clues – just make sure you print to either A4 or letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – the printables work better on cardstock (this is the one we use), but, normal printer paper will work perfectly.
- Paper cutter – to cut the clues. I have purposely kept the clues big, but of course, you can fold them if you want to add them to plastic easter eggs.
- Optional – Add the clues to these easter eggs and hide them around the house.
- Get a pen (to remind you where you have put the clues and in what order)
- Hide the clues in different locations around your home.
- Most importantly the Easter basket, leave it after the last clue!
You could also download our Easter bunny footprints to make it even more special.
You will also enjoy our Easter bunny letter free printable to make this Easter even more magical.
Fun prizes for the end of the hunt
If you are looking for inspiration for gift ideas these are our most popular Easter gift lists
- 125 Awesome Non-Candy Easter Egg Fillers for plastic eggs
- Easter Basket Ideas for Teen Boys
- Non Chocolate Easter gifts
- Easter gifts for boys aged 3-12
Other Easter free printables
- Easter photo scavenger hunt
- Bunny coloring pages
- Easter memory game
- Easter bingo printable
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt
- Garden scavenger hunt
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable Easter scavenger hunt
Last Updated on 2 October 2023 by homeschoolof1