Let’s have fun this November with our free Thanksgiving bookmarks to color.
The bookmarks feature boys and girls holding a turkey, boys, and girls giving thanks, corn, fallen leaves, and of course turkeys!
Get ready for the kids to unleash their creativity and enjoy the holiday spirit with these fun Thanksgiving activities for kids.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Bookmarks to color at Thanksgiving
Included in the free printable bookmarks to color are 6 different Thanksgiving-themed images for the kids to color in.
To print out these bookmarks you need to:
These free Thanksgiving bookmarks are free to print but are for personal use or classroom use only. Scroll to the end of the post to get the pdf file.
These print better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we like.)
They will print on letterhead paper, if you are using A4 just click on the shrink to fit button.
Three bookmarks will print on each page, and I highly recommend using a paper cutter rather than scissors (unless you have a very steady hand!)
Get the kids to color them and if you have a laminator this will keep them looking newer for longer!
Each bookmark measures 2.5 x 8.5 inches and there are 3 on each page. All ready to be colored in with either pens or crayons.
Creative uses for Thanksgiving coloring bookmarks
Extend the creative potential of these delightful bookmarks beyond just coloring! Here are some innovative ways to utilize them:
- Transform these charming bookmarks into personalized gift tags! Once colored, punch a hole at the top and attach them to presents with ribbons or strings. Add a heartfelt message on the back to give an extra special touch to your gifts.
- Elevate your Thanksgiving table decor by repurposing these bookmarks as unique placeholders. Write guests’ names elegantly on the blank side and place them atop napkins or in holders for a thoughtful and festive table setting.
- Encourage kids to think beyond the bookmark’s original purpose by incorporating them into larger Thanksgiving-themed art projects. They could create a collage using these bookmarks along with other craft materials to depict a scene of gratitude, harvest, or a family celebration.
- String together the colored bookmarks to create a gratitude garland or banner. Hang it in the house as a decorative reminder of thankfulness during the Thanksgiving season. Consider adding other decorative elements like fall leaves or miniature pumpkins for an added festive touch.
- Encourage kids to write down what they’re thankful for on the back of the bookmarks after coloring. Over the years, these bookmarks can serve as cherished keepsakes, capturing their thoughts and memories from various Thanksgivings.
Best Thanksgiving books for kids
We love reading at any time during the year, check out our favorite Thanksgiving read alouds that both you and the kids will love.
There is a mixture of picture books about Thanksgiving to teach about the history of Thanksgiving plus fun picture books.
The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights)The Story of the Pilgrims (Pictureback(R))Little Critter: Just a Special ThanksgivingThe Night Before Thanksgiving10 Fat TurkeysPete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving
- How to catch a turkey offers a hilarious take on the escapades of clever turkeys outwitting a Thanksgiving hunter, promising a whimsical and laughter-filled reading experience for the entire family.
- 10 Fat Turkeys whimsically follows the misadventures of ten playful turkeys, counting down in a lively rhyme. Providing laughter and enjoyment while introducing counting skills to young readers.
- Pete the Cat – The First Thanksgiving takes Pete and his friends on a journey through the story of the first Thanksgiving. Blending learning and entertainment with Pete’s signature cool style.
- If you were a kid on the Mayflower provides an immersive historical perspective. Allowing children to step into the shoes of kids who sailed on the Mayflower. Offering insights into their experiences and daily life during that significant voyage.
Other Thanksgiving printables you will enjoy
- Enjoy a fun-filled game night with these free printable Thanksgiving bingo cards, perfect for family gatherings and entertaining activities.
- Engage in an exciting adventure with a Thanksgiving scavenger hunt, exploring the holiday’s spirit and traditions in a thrilling and interactive way.
- Unleash creativity and celebrate the season with these free printable Thanksgiving coloring pages, offering delightful designs for kids to enjoy.
- Combine creativity and learning with Thanksgiving color by number printables, offering a fun way for children to explore colors while celebrating the holiday.
- Share the joy of Thanksgiving by personalizing and coloring free printable Thanksgiving cards to color. Adding a heartfelt touch to your greetings for friends and family.
- Embrace the beauty of the fall season with free fall printable coloring pages.
WANT ALL OUR THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES IN ONE PLACE?
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free coloring Thanksgiving bookmarks
Last Updated on 16 November 2023 by homeschoolof1