FREE Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt Printable
The Elf on the Shelf is an important part of our festivities, even though Freddie is now 11. He might not believe they are real, but he certainly believes in the magic of Christmas. Our Elf on the Shelf, Twinkletoes, even makes an appearance at Halloween, as the Halloween Elf! What better way to have fun than with this Elf On The Shelf scavenger hunt!
Not only do we love the Elf on the Shelf but we also love treasure hunts (or scavenger hunts, I never know what the right term is).
We have already created a Halloween treasure hunt and a Christmas treasure hunt. So it was important for us that the elf on the shelf scavenger hunt was the next one we made.
Like all of our treasure hunts, I do not label the clues by number. So you can choose in which order the kids find them.
For older children, you could get them upstairs for one, then back downstairs for two, and then up and down!! But for younger children, it might be easier to find them in order of where you start.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Elf Scavenger Hunt Clues
There are 12 rhyming treasure hunt clues included in the FREE download.
This elf on the shelf scavenger hunt free printable is free to print but is for personal use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
You can use or ignore as many as you want, but I have tried to include clues that most people will have in their homes.
- The Elf on the Shelf is here to stay, the next clue is where you lay
- The Elf on the Shelf will move later, make sure you check the refrigerator
- Santa’s elves are full of glee, your next clue is hiding in the Christmas tree.
- The North Pole is far away your next clue is where you play.
- The Elf is hanging out on his shelf, the next clue is where you would see yourself
- The Elf on the Shelf has been, your next clue is where you clean
- Santa Claus likes a nice wreath, the next clue is hiding where you brush your teeth
- The elf came with a treat, the next clue is where you eat
- There is snow in the air, the next clue is hiding on your chair
- The reindeer are in the stable, the next clue is under the table
- The elves are hiding go and look, but the next clue is in your favorite book
- The elves’ favorite subject is math, the next clue is hiding in the bath!
How to play the Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt game
There isn’t really much else required to have fun with these FREE printables, well apart from a printer.
- Download the free printable below
- Print out the clues – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – the printables work better on cardstock (this is the one we use), however, normal printer paper will work perfectly.
- Scissors – to cut the clues, I have purposely kept the clues big, but of course, you can fold them if they need to fit in somewhere small.
- Get a pen (to remind you where you have put the clues and in what order. Trust me, this really helps!!)
- Most importantly remember the gifts at the end of the hunt.
Elf on the Shelf Gifts
We always like to find alternatives for candy, however, a candy cane or chocolate coins would work as a perfect treasure hunt gift. Please see our favorite Elf on the Shelf gifts below:
Elf on the Shelf Plushee Doll -if you don’t allow your children to touch the actual elf, these make a perfect treat.
The Elf on the Shelf Festive Family Night is a great set, that includes the plushee doll above, it also comes with a DVD, 2 x popcorn buckets, and more. It really is a super gift.
An Elfs Story DVD is the original movie, and it is based on the book. It really is magical (check to see if it is on Netflix or free somewhere else, as I am sure, I have seen it before.)
The Elf on the Shelf Pet this St Bernards dog plush is really cute, and it also comes with a storybook.
Pajama Set are just adorable and come with a Santa hat!!
12 of the best Christmas books about elves will make a perfect gift.
Even More Elf Printables?
If you are in a rush and are tired of searching for Elf on the Shelf printables you can purchase all of my printables for a small fee here. There are 39 pages to print out!
41 pages are included in this download including:
- North Pole Breakfast Menu (2 pages)
- Elf construction zone (2 pages)
- Snowman soup (2 pages)
- Elf Kisses (2 pages)
- Elf notes (3 pages)
- Elf scavenger hunt (3 pages)
- Elf memory game
- Elf games
- Elf hats
- Elf on the Shelf word scramble (3 pages)
- Elf names word search (2 pages)
- Elf story coloring pages (7 pages)
- Elf arrival letters (5 pages)
- Elf goodbye letters (2 pages)
- If I were an elf writing activity (1 page)
- Elf on the Shelf yearbook (2 pages)
Download the Free Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt Printable
If you are looking for even more Elf treasure hunts check out these on Etsy.
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Other free Elf on the Shelf printables:
- 27 free Elf on the Shelf Notes
- Surprise the kids with our free Elf construction site and set it up in November in preparation
- Elf on the Shelf printable games
- Elf memory game (free printable)
- Free Elf on the Shelf hat printables to add to your family photos.
- Elf on the shelf arrival letters
- Elf on the shelf goodbye letters
- Elf on the Shelf leaving ideas plus free elf on the shelf yearbook cover
- 20 of the best free Elf on the Shelf printables
We currently have over 20 free scavenger hunt printables on Homeschool of One.
Last Updated on 17 April 2023 by homeschoolof1
Hi i have subscribed to be able to download elf on the shelf printables but haven’t yet received the email? thanks
Hey Lauren, it can take about 5 minutes before the email arrives and I have just looked and it has now been sent. If it is not in your inbox please check the spam folder.
I did not get an email and I had checked in my junk folder
The email takes a few minutes to arrive and I see it has now been sent. Can you please let me know if you still can’t see it 🙂