We absolutely love treasure hunts in this house, so I thought I would share with you our latest FREE Thanksgiving scavenger hunt printable.
Easter should certainly not be the only holiday that gets to have treasure hunts!!
I have purposely not numbered these Thanksgiving treasure hunt clues, as I don’t know the layout of your house! I have purchased some before with clue 1, clue 2, etc and the kids were running around the house like madmen!
Now, not to say that is not an excellent way to make the treasure hunt go on for hours. But for younger children, this might not be what you are looking for!
If you want to spice things up a bit for older kids why not create a Thanksgiving escape room.
These FREE rhyming Thanksgiving scavenger hunt printables are super easy to have fun with.
If you have older children why not play our free Thanksgiving photo scavenger hunt too? It is a great way to get the whole family involved!
As a side note – as it is nearly Thanksgiving make sure you keep checking our Black Friday Deals for Kids post, this will be updated as soon as we spot any new deals!
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Clues
These 12 rhyming clues are perfect for younger or even older children. Especially if you don’t hide them in the obvious spots!
- Happy Thanksgiving Day, your next clue is where you play. (near where they play the most.)
- The pilgrims came to America on the Mayflower, the next clue is where you shower (in the shower.)
- Thanksgiving is in fall, the next clue is in the hall (under a mat, or somewhere more obvious for younger children.)
- My family makes me feel grateful, the next clue is a plateful (hide it where the plates live.)
- My favorite is pumpkin pie, your next clue is where you say hi and bye (front door, or window)
- Thanksgiving makes me want to bake, the next clue is where you wake (in their bed)
- I love my Thanksgiving roast, the next clue is where you make toast (near the toaster, or grill.)
- A pumpkin is a type of squash, the next clue is where you wash (their bathroom, but not in the shower, as you already have one there)
- I love my dinner with green beans, the next clue is in the washing machine (if the washing machine is on, just leave the next clue on top of it.)
- Thanksgiving is when I like to bake bread, the next clue is near something red (a rug, a favorite book, a red fire engine toy, anything that is red!)
- Friends and family gather to eat, and your next clue is under the seat (dining chair, or sofa)
- Turkey, pumpkin, and pie, your next clue is where clothes go to dry (dryer, or air dryer, whichever you use.)
How to Host a Thanksgiving Treasure Hunt?
There isn’t really much else required to start with these FREE printables, well apart from a printer.
- Grab the free printable below (scroll to the end of this page, if it isn’t in your inbox within 5 minutes, please check your spam folder.)
- Print out the clues – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – the printables work better on cardstock (this is the one we use), however, normal printer paper will work perfectly.
- Scissors – to cut the clues, I have purposely kept the clues big, but of course, you can fold them if they need to fit in somewhere small.
- Get a pen (to remind you where you have put the clues and in what order)
- Most importantly the little gift, I have added our favorite gift ideas below.
The best Thanksgiving scavenger hunt prize ideas
Freddie has a severe peanut allergy so candy is always hard to find that has been produced in a nut-free facility. So we always prefer to find gifts that are NOT candy! Here are our favorite Thanksgiving gifts for kids:
If you are looking for more Thanksgiving fun why not check out our other blog posts:
Check out our favorite Thanksgiving read aloud books
These free Thanksgiving coloring pages are a great way to get the kids to relax and refocus this holiday.
If you homeschool check out our favorite educational Thanksgiving homeschool activities.
If you have finished our free Thanksgiving scavenger hunt, why not have another! I mean the kids are off for the week! These are our favorites and all can be instantly downloaded too.
Download the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Clues
Here are some of the other treasure hunts we have created for you (all for FREE)
- Christmas treasure hunt
- Elf on the Shelf Scavenger hunt
- Halloween treasure hunt
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt
- Easter scavenger hunt clues
- New Years Eve Scavenger Hunt
I think you are also going to love our free Thanksgiving memory game printable.
Last Updated on 22 November 2022 by homeschoolof1