We have been homeschooling for over three years, and I have included our homeschool supplies checklist of what we purchased before we started. Everything included is exactly what we have in our homeschooling room.
Although this is a fairly long list, we had a number of these items in the house before we started to homeschool.
Not all of these items are crucial to getting before you start, you can just get them as and when you need them. We waited a while before getting the guillotine and laminator, however, I probably use these the most.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Basic Homeschool Supplies:
- Paper – lined, plain, and graph paper are all needed.
- Pencils – coloring and writing
- Pens – lots of different colors for reworking and marking
- Glue – Prit stick, sellotape, and blue tac.
- Paint & Brushes
- Hole Punch
- Stapler – both small and staple gun (and staples!)
- Laminator with pouches
- Pencil Sharpener ( I highly recommend getting an electric one!!!)
- White Board Pens and Eraser
- Post-it Notes
- Paper cutter
- Food dye ( we use this for lots of experiments)
- Dictionary (we really like this dictionary bookmark for reading)
- Thesaurus (for a list of the best educational books we use check this out)
- Cork Tiles (we have added these to the wall of our homeschool room to display topic work)
- Highlighter Pens
- Ballpoint Pens
- Exercise Books
- Storage Boxes
- Maths Set
Larger Homeschool Supplies:
- Science Equipment – check out our favorite kids science kits
- Educational board games
- Osmo Coding Set – this is excellent for teaching kids to code and program check out our Osmo review.
- Printer (and ink) I don’t want to recommend a printer as although I am happy with the Epson I am not sure with the amount we spend on ink it is the best option.
These larger items (apart from the printer, which we use every day) are not essential and you can get them along your homeschool journey. Or they would make lovely birthday / Christmas presents for your children.
Homeschool Blog Posts to Help
- Over 100 free online educational resources for homeschool
- Best books about homeschooling
- Over 80 free or cheap resources for UK homeschoolers
- Over 100 of the best books for 9 year old boys
- Homeschool Scheduler
- Live Online Classes with Outschool (check out our Outschool review.)
- Over 45 Fun Activities for homeschoolers
- Cost of homeschooling
What are your favorite supplies for homeschooling? Let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated on 12 April 2022 by homeschoolof1