Searching for free space worksheets for preschool? You’ve come to the right place!
This is a fantastic opportunity to explore the mysteries of the universe while nurturing early math skills.
Delve into a world of cosmic adventures with your preschooler. As they count astronauts, add colors to planets, and tackle space themed puzzles.
These free printable counting worksheets are designed not only to offer hours of educational enjoyment. But also to establish a strong foundation for your child’s early learning journey. Sparking their curiosity and fascination with the vast realm of outer space.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Preschool space theme printables
These free printable solar system worksheets have been created to help young children learn and practice counting up to 10 in a fun and engaging way.
Each of these worksheets aims to provide young learners with a different angle on counting. The space theme makes the worksheets not only educational but also exciting.
They offer an opportunity for children to explore outer space while honing their fundamental math skills. These worksheets are suitable for preschoolers and early learners who are beginning their journey into the world of numbers and mathematics.
These astronaut counting worksheets are free to print but are for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
Color and count worksheet
In this worksheet, children are presented with a set of astronauts. Their task is to both color these astronauts and count them.
This activity serves a dual purpose: it reinforces counting skills and enhances fine motor skills through coloring. It’s an enjoyable combination of creativity and basic math.
What comes next worksheet
The second worksheet in this set introduces children to sequences.
It features images related to space. Kids must analyze these images and determine what comes next in the sequence.
This exercise promotes pattern recognition and logical thinking, skills that are essential in early childhood development.
Space counting worksheet
This worksheet is all about associating numbers with objects in space.
It includes astronauts, rocket ships, planets, and asteroids.
Each item is accompanied by a number.
Children are required to color the correct number of items. Reinforcing their counting skills while exploring various elements of outer space.
Count and color the correct number worksheet
The final worksheet, like the first, combines coloring and counting.
Here, children are encouraged to color the space themed elements and then count them.
This hands-on, visual approach to counting keeps the learning process enjoyable and interactive.
Learn about the solar system with our free planet coloring pages too!
Books about space for preschoolers
These are our favorite books about the solar system for preschool kids:
- In There’s No Place Like Space, young readers embark on an adventure with Dr. Seuss’s Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. As they explore the wonders of our solar system, introducing preschoolers to the planets and their characteristics in a fun and whimsical way.
- Through charming illustrations and simple text, I am the Solar System personifies the solar system. Allowing young children to relate to the sun, moon, and planets as they learn about their roles and characteristics within our cosmic neighborhood.
- Join Ms. Frizzle and her class as they take an exhilarating field trip through the solar system aboard the The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System. In this exciting and educational adventure, preschoolers discover fascinating facts about space, planets, and the sun while embarking on an unforgettable journey.
Other preschool solar system worksheets
In addition to the space themed printables mentioned. Here are some more exciting space activities that kids can engage in to further explore the wonders of outer space:
- Free astronaut coloring pages that is also a fun story the children can read when they have personalized it.
- A planet matching game printable with a celestial twist! Kids can enhance their memory and matching skills by playing a planet themed memory game.
- If I were an astronaut worksheet writing exercise encourages children to put on their imagination caps and envision themselves as astronauts.
- The phases of the moon word search not only reinforces vocabulary related to the moon but also provides a fun challenge for young learners.
- The phases of the moon worksheets can help children learn about the different phases of the moon in a structured and informative way.
- The solar system cootie catcher activity is another great way to have fun with space.
When you have finished the worksheets why not treat the kids to a fun solar system craft?
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free preschool space worksheets
Last Updated on 15 February 2024 by homeschoolof1