If you are learning about the oceans and the continents with the kids you are going to love our free continent worksheets.
With this free geography worksheet, you will learn all about the world, including the top 10 biggest countries, the top 10 most spoken languages, and much more.
Included in the continent worksheets are the following:
- Map labeling,
- a World fact sheet,
- matching the flag,
- learning to say hello in the top 10 spoken languages,
- Continent word search,
- Continent word scramble.
I have also included answer sheets for all of the worksheets. These are aimed at kids in upper elementary and middle school but can be used with any age group.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Fun Facts about the World
Fun and interesting facts about the World that kids might enjoy:
- The tallest mammal in the world is the giraffe. They can grow up to 18 feet tall!
- The largest animal in the world is the blue whale. They can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh as much as 200 elephants!
- The smallest mammal in the world is the bumblebee bat. They weigh less than a penny!
- The Great Wall of China is so long that you could walk on it for more than a year.
- The world’s largest hot desert, the Sahara, is so big that it could fit the entire United States inside it.
- The world’s largest waterfall, Victoria Falls in Africa, is twice as tall as Niagara Falls.
- The fastest land animal in the world is the cheetah. They can run up to 70 miles per hour!
- The slowest animal in the world is the sloth. They move so slowly that algae can grow on their fur.
- The world’s largest flower is the Rafflesia. It can grow up to 3 feet in diameter!
- The world’s smallest reptile is the tiny chameleon called the Brookesia Micra. It can fit on the tip of a matchstick!
Evan-Moor Educational Publishers The World: Reference Maps & Forms Book (World & U.S. Maps)Mark Twain – World Governments WorkbookSpectrum Grade 6 Geography Workbooks, Ages 11 to 12, Geography Workbook, International Current Events, World Religions, Migration World History, and World Map Skills – 128 PagesComplete Book of Maps and Geography Workbook, Global Geography for Kids Grades 3-6, United States Geography and Regions, Map Skills, Time Zones, Oceans
Continents and Oceans Map Printable
There are 7 different continents.
The students can either color in the different continents and oceans or add the names to the correct one.
World Fact Sheet
There are 10 questions about the continents. Plus the top 10 countries by population, by land area, and the top 10 cities by population.
- How many countries are in the world? 195
- What is the surface area of the Earth? 196.9 million mi²
- What is the total population of the world? 7.888 billion
- What is the tallest mountain on Earth? Where is it? Mount Everest, between Nepal & Tibet
- What is the lowest point in the world? Where is it? Dead Sea, Jordan/Israel
- What is the world’s largest living structure? The Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- What is the biggest river in the world? Where is it? Nile, Africa
- Which is the largest continent? Asia, covering about 30% of the Earth’s land area
- What is the smallest country in the world? Vatican City, Europe.
- What is the largest desert in the world? Antarctic Desert.
Top 10 Countries by Population
- United States
Top 10 countries by land area
- United States
Top 10 cities by population
- Tokyo, Japan
- Delhi, India
- Shanghai, China
- Sao Paulo, Mexico
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Cairo, Egypt
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Beijing, China
- Mumbai, India
- Osaka, Japan
For even more fun learning about the world I highly recommend the World card game.
Learn to say hello in the top 10 languages
There are 10 ways to say hello in 10 different languages, and the children need to label the correct greeting with the correct language.
Hello in the top 10 countries:
- Hello – English
- Ni hao – Chinese
- Namaste – Hindi
- Hola – Spanish
- Bonjour – French
- Bengali – Assalam Waleykum
- Merhaba – Arabic
- Ola – Portuguese
- Privit – Russian
- As-Salamu-Alaykum – Urdu
Match the Flag Worksheet
This fun match the flag worksheet is a lot of fun. The children need to research what colors to color in the maps.
When they have colored them in correctly, they need to add a line to the correct country.
The flags included are:
- Vatican City. The smallest country in the world
- Nato. NATO’s purpose is to guarantee the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.
- Antarctic Treaty. The Antarctic Treaty aims to maintain the demilitarization and peaceful use of Antarctica, encourage scientific collaboration, and avoid territorial conflicts.
- Antarctica (unofficial). There is no official flag of Antarctica since it is not a country nor governed by any authority.
- United Nations. The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that strives to promote world peace and cooperation, foster friendly relationships between nations, and coordinate global action.
- Commonwealth of Independent States. It is a regional intergovernmental organization that was established in 1991 following the dissolution of the Soviet Union. It covers a vast area of over 7 million square miles and has an estimated population of nearly 240 million.
- League of Arab States. There are 22 member states whose main objectives include promoting economic and cultural cooperation. Safeguarding the sovereignty and independence of its members, and promoting peace and stability in the region.
- Europe. The European flag symbolizes both the European Union and, more broadly, the identity and unity of Europe.
- Commonwealth. A political association of 56 member states. The vast majority of which are former territories of the British Empire.
- South Pacific Commission. An international development organization governed by 27 members. Including 22 Pacific island countries and territories around the Pacific Ocean.
You will also enjoy the 100 pics card game. Can you identify the countries from the flag?
100 PICS Flags of The World Travel Game – Learn 100 Country Flags | Flash Cards with Slide Reveal Case | Geography Card Game, Gift, Stocking Stuffer | for Kids and Adults | Ages 6+Skillmatics Board Game – Scout It Out Countries of The World, Fun Guessing & Trivia Game for Families, Gifts for Ages 7 and UpSweep the World Card Game – Interactive Geography Game with All Countries of The World – Educational, Competitive & Fun Game for Kids, Teens & All Ages – Learning Game for The Whole FamilyImagimake Mapology Monuments of World | 3D Puzzles for Kids Ages 8-10 | Educational Toys for Kids 5-7 | Puzzles for Kids Ages 4-8 | 6 Year Old Boy Gifts & Girl Gifts
Continent Word Search
The words related to continents and oceans can be found, horizontally, vertically, diagonally, frontwards, or backward! Just to make it that much more difficult.
I have also added the word search answers, as some of the words are a little tricky to find!
Tip: I recommend either using a highlighter pen or circling around the letters. Do not cross the letters out if you have found a word, as it may be used in another word!
The 18 words to find are:
- North America
- South America
Word search printables are an excellent school activity for when the kids just need a break. They are educational, but more importantly, they are fun.
Continent Word Scramble
There are no clues in our free word scramble.
The 12 words to unscramble are: (I have included an answer sheet with the download.)
- Coral reefs
This free word scramble printable is great either for the classroom, the library, or homeschooling.
National Geographic Student World Atlas, 6th EditionThe World Game – Geography Card Game – Educational Board Game for Kids, Family & Adults – Cool Learning Gift Idea for Teenage Boys & Girls100 PICS Flags of The World Travel Game – Learn 100 Country Flags | Flash Cards with Slide Reveal Case | Geography Card Game, Gift, Stocking Stuffer | for Kids and Adults | Ages 6+If the World Were a Village: A Book about the World’s People, 2nd Edition (CitizenKid)
Books about Continents for kids
These are our favorite geography books for kids:
- All Countries , capitals, and flags of the world
- The Fascinating Ocean Book
- World Atlas sticker book
- Draw the World
- The complete book of maps and geography workbook for grades 3-6
- Continents what you need to know
WANT ALL OF THE CONTINENTS WORKSHEETS NOW?
Other free geography printables
- Asia worksheets
- Great Wall of China worksheet
- Petra worksheet
- Taj Mahal worksheet
- North America worksheets
- Africa worksheets
- Europe worksheets
- Ukraine coloring pages
- Scottish coloring pages
- Free Welsh coloring pages
- American landmarks worksheets
- United States coloring pages
- South America worksheets
- Christmas around the world coloring pages
Tips for downloading the free files
Below is a blue cloud with an arrow pointing downward. Underneath that is a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable World worksheets
This printable continent worksheet is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
Last Updated on 2 October 2023 by homeschoolof1