Embark on a global adventure from the comfort of your home with our free printable Continents worksheet.
This learning pack is made to make you curious and help you learn more about the world’s geography.
It has lots of fun activities: a word search about countries, a word scramble to test what you know, a special activity to learn how to say “hello” in different languages, tasks to label maps, interesting fact sheets about each continent, and a game to match countries with their flags.
These free printable geography worksheets are more than just for teaching; it’s a way to discover the many different places and beauties our world has. It’s perfect for teachers who want to make their geography classes better or parents teaching at home who want to give a full lesson on world geography.
This comprehensive educational resource is designed to spark curiosity and foster a deeper understanding of the world’s geography among learners of all ages.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Fun facts about the world for kids
Fun and interesting facts about the World that kids might enjoy:
- The tallest mammal in the world is the giraffe. They can grow up to 18 feet tall!
- The largest animal in the world is the blue whale. They can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh as much as 200 elephants!
- The smallest mammal in the world is the bumblebee bat. They weigh less than a penny!
- The Great Wall of China is so long that you could walk on it for more than a year.
- The world’s largest hot desert, the Sahara, is so big that it could fit the entire United States inside it.
- The world’s largest waterfall, Victoria Falls in Africa, is twice as tall as Niagara Falls.
- The fastest land animal in the world is the cheetah. They can run up to 70 miles per hour!
- The slowest animal in the world is the sloth. They move so slowly that algae can grow on their fur.
- The world’s largest flower is the Rafflesia. It can grow up to 3 feet in diameter!
- The world’s smallest reptile is the tiny chameleon called the Brookesia Micra. It can fit on the tip of a matchstick!
Continent and ocean map printable
There are 7 different continents.
The students can either color in the different continents and oceans or add the names to the correct one.
World fact sheet
There are 10 questions about the continents. Plus the top 10 countries by population, by land area, and the top 10 cities by population.
- How many countries are in the world? 195
- What is the surface area of the Earth? 196.9 million mi²
- What is the total population of the world? 7.888 billion
- What is the tallest mountain on Earth? Where is it? Mount Everest, between Nepal & Tibet
- What is the lowest point in the world? Where is it? Dead Sea, Jordan/Israel
- What is the world’s largest living structure? The Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- What is the biggest river in the world? Where is it? Nile, Africa
- Which is the largest continent? Asia, covering about 30% of the Earth’s land area
- What is the smallest country in the world? Vatican City, Europe.
- What is the largest desert in the world? Antarctic Desert.
Top 10 countries by population
- United States
Top 10 countries by land area
- United States
Top 10 cities by population
- Tokyo, Japan
- Delhi, India
- Shanghai, China
- Sao Paulo, Mexico
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Cairo, Egypt
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Beijing, China
- Mumbai, India
- Osaka, Japan
For even more fun learning about the world I highly recommend the World card game.
Learn to say hello around the world
There are 10 ways to say hello in 10 different languages, and the children need to label the correct greeting with the correct language.
Hello in the top 10 countries:
- Hello – English
- Ni hao – Chinese
- Namaste – Hindi
- Hola – Spanish
- Bonjour – French
- Bengali – Assalam Waleykum
- Merhaba – Arabic
- Ola – Portuguese
- Privit – Russian
- As-Salamu-Alaykum – Urdu
Flags of the World printable worksheets
This fun match the flag worksheet is a lot of fun. The children need to research what colors to color in the maps.
When they have colored them in correctly, they need to add a line to the correct country.
The flags included are:
- Vatican City. The smallest country in the world
- Nato. NATO’s purpose is to guarantee the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.
- Antarctic Treaty. The Antarctic Treaty aims to maintain the demilitarization and peaceful use of Antarctica, encourage scientific collaboration, and avoid territorial conflicts.
- Antarctica (unofficial). There is no official flag of Antarctica since it is not a country nor governed by any authority.
- United Nations. The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that strives to promote world peace and cooperation, foster friendly relationships between nations, and coordinate global action.
- Commonwealth of Independent States. It is a regional intergovernmental organization that was established in 1991 following the dissolution of the Soviet Union. It covers a vast area of over 7 million square miles and has an estimated population of nearly 240 million.
- League of Arab States. There are 22 member states whose main objectives include promoting economic and cultural cooperation. Safeguarding the sovereignty and independence of its members, and promoting peace and stability in the region.
- Europe. The European flag symbolizes both the European Union and, more broadly, the identity and unity of Europe.
- Commonwealth. A political association of 56 member states. The vast majority of which are former territories of the British Empire.
- South Pacific Commission. An international development organization governed by 27 members. Including 22 Pacific island countries and territories around the Pacific Ocean.
You will also enjoy the 100 pics card game. Can you identify the countries from the flag?
Continents and Oceans word search
The words related to continents and oceans can be found, horizontally, vertically, diagonally, frontwards, or backward! Just to make it that much more difficult.
I have also added the word search answers, as some of the words are a little tricky to find!
Tip: I recommend either using a highlighter pen or circling around the letters. Do not cross the letters out if you have found a word, as it may be used in another word!
The 18 words to find are:
- North America
- South America
Free word search printables are an excellent school activity for when the kids just need a break. They are educational, but more importantly, they are fun.
Continent word scramble
There are no clues in our free word scramble.
The 12 words to unscramble are: (I have included an answer sheet with the download.)
- Coral reefs
This free word scramble printable is great either for the classroom, the library, or homeschooling.
Books about continents for kids
These are the best geography books for kids:
- All Countries, capitals, and flags of the world
- The Fascinating Ocean Book
- World Atlas sticker book
- Draw the World
- The complete book of maps and geography workbook for grades 3-6
- Continents what you need to know
WANT ALL OF THE CONTINENTS WORKSHEETS NOW?
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable continents worksheet
This continents of the world worksheet is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
Last Updated on 6 February 2024 by homeschoolof1