7 Europe Worksheets for Kids (free printable)
If you are learning about the continent of Europe with the kids you are going to love our free Europe worksheets.
These free homeschool printables are a great way to explore the continent of Europe.
Included in the Europe worksheets are the following:
- 2 x map labeling,
- a Europe fact sheet,
- matching the flag,
- learning to say hello in 10 European languages,
- Europe word search,
- Europe country word scramble.
I have also included answer sheets for all of the worksheets. These are aimed at kids in upper elementary and middle school but can be used with any age group.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Fun Facts about Europe
Fun and interesting facts about Europe that kids might enjoy:
- The world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, called “Red Force,” is located in Europe at Ferrari Land in Spain.
- Europe is home to the world’s largest chocolate museum, the Chocolate Museum in Cologne, Germany.
- The country of Denmark has the oldest continuously operating amusement park in the world, called Tivoli Gardens, which opened in 1843.
- Europe is famous for its castles and palaces, with over 10,000 castles in Germany alone!
- The smallest country in the world, Vatican City, is located in Europe and is the headquarters of the Catholic Church.
- Many famous artists and composers, such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Mozart, lived and worked in Europe.
- Europe is home to the largest waterfall by volume in the world, the Dettifoss waterfall in Iceland.
- The world’s largest Christmas tree, standing at 75 meters tall, is located in Italy’s Gubbio town, and it is made up of thousands of lights.
- Europe has many unusual and interesting festivals. Such as the Running of the Bulls in Spain. The Tomato Fight in Buñol, Spain. And the Cheese Rolling Festival in Gloucestershire, England.
- The longest railway tunnel in the world, the Gotthard Base Tunnel, is located in Switzerland. It is 57 kilometers (35 miles) long. It takes just 20 minutes to travel through the tunnel at a speed of 250 kilometers per hour (155 miles per hour)!
Map of Europe worksheet
There are 44 different countries in Europe.
There are 2 different maps of the continent of Europe. One with the countries on the side to make it a little easier, and one with no country names.
The students can either color in the different countries or add the names to the correct country.
I highly recommend you play the mapology world map game to add to this unit study. This is also included in our favorite geography board games.
Europe Fact Sheet
There are 10 questions about the continent of Europe. Plus the top 10 countries by population, by land area, and the top 10 cities by population in Europe.
- How many countries are in Europe? 44
- How big is the continent of Europe? 4.066 million mi²
- What is the total population of Europe? 746.4 million
- What is the tallest mountain in Europe? Where is it? Mount Elbrus, Russia
- What is the lowest point in Europe? Where is it? Caspian Sea, bordering Azerbaijan, Russia, Kazakhstan, & Iran.
- What oceans are in Europe? Atlantic and Arctic Oceans.
- What is the biggest river in Europe? Where is it? Volga River, Russia
- What is the main currency in Europe? Euro
- What is the smallest country in Europe? Vatican City/ Holy See.
- What is the largest desert in Europe? The Oltenian Sahara, Romania.
Top 10 Countries by Population in Europe
- United Kingdom
Top 10 countries in Europe by land area
Top 10 cities in Europe by population
- Moscow, Russia
- London, United Kingdom
- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Berlin, Germany
- Madrid, Spain
- Kyiv, Ukraine
- Rome, Italy
- Paris, France
- Bucharest, Romania
- Minsk, Belarus
For even more fun learning about the world I highly recommend the World card game.
Learn to say hello in 10 European languages
There are 10 ways to say hello in 10 different languages, and the children need to label the correct greeting with the correct language.
Hello in European languages:
- Hello – English
- Merhaba – Turkish (Turkey)
- Ciao – Italian
- Bonjour – French
- Hallo – German
- Pryvit – Russian
- Hola – Spanish
- Hallo – Dutch
- Witam – Polish
- Privet – Ukrainian
Match the Flag Worksheet
This fun match the flag worksheet is a lot of fun. The children need to research what colors to color in the maps of 10 European countries.
When they have colored them in correctly, they need to add a line to the correct country.
The country flags included are:
- United Kingdom
You will also enjoy the 100 pics card game. Can you identify the countries from the flag?
Europe Word Search
The European countries can be found, horizontally, vertically, diagonally, frontwards, or backward! Just to make it that much more difficult.
I have also added the word search answers, as some of the words are a little tricky to find!
Tip: I recommend either using a highlighter pen or circling around the letters. Do not cross the letters out if you have found a word, as it may be used in another word!
The 18 European countries to find are:
Word search printables are an excellent school activity for when the kids just need a break. They are educational, but more importantly, they are fun.
Europe Word Scramble
There are no clues in our free word scramble, other than the 12 countries are all in the continent of Europe.
The 12 Europe countries to find are: (I have included an answer sheet with the download.)
- United Kingdom
This free word scramble printable is great either for the classroom, the library, or homeschooling.
Books about Europe for kids
These are our favorite geography books for kids:
- Mission London: A Scavenger Hunt Adventure
- Lily & Baa in Paris
- Russia picture dictionary coloring book
- Mishi and Mashi go to Germany
- Who was Leonardo de Vinci
Other free geography printables
- North America worksheets
- Asia worksheets
- Ukraine coloring pages
- Scottish coloring pages
- Welsh coloring sheets
- American landmarks worksheets
- United States coloring pages
For a small fee, you can download all of our continent worksheets.
There are 99 pages, and over 53 different worksheets included in this download including:
- Continent Worksheets (6 worksheets + 6 answer sheets)
- North America (7 worksheets + 6 answer sheets)
- Asia (7 worksheets + 6 answer sheets)
- Africa (7 worksheets + 6 answer sheets)
- South America (7 worksheets + 6 answer sheets)
- Antarctica (5 worksheets + 4 answer sheets
- Europe (7 worksheets + 6 answer sheets)
- Australia (7 worksheets + 5 answer sheets)
Download the free printable Europe worksheets
This printable Europe worksheet is free to print but is for personal or classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the page to get the pdf file.
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables for kids work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Last Updated on 2 June 2023 by homeschoolof1