Get ready to spread some Thanksgiving joy with our free turkey bingo cards!
Whether you’re organizing a family gathering, classroom event, or just seeking to infuse some holiday cheer into your Thanksgiving day celebration. These turkey-themed bingo cards are the perfect recipe for fun and memorable moments.
There are 5 different bingo cards and a set of calling cards. Featuring silly images of turkeys hiding under a table, lurking behind a sofa, and more.
It’s a fantastic way to blend entertainment and education for children.
Bingo games are a perfect way to enhance concentration, visual recognition, and social interaction. And with this free printable, you can captivate your young ones in a fun and educational experience.
Looking for fun Thanksgiving activities for kids that the whole family can enjoy? Try this great game, a fantastic way to add excitement to your Thanksgiving celebration!
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
How to set up turkey bingo?
These free printable bingo cards are free for personal use and classroom use only. Scroll to the bottom of the post to access the pdf file.
Preparing for an exciting game of Thanksgiving bingo is a breeze, and you’ll need just a few simple materials to get started. Here’s what you’ll need:
Materials needed for turkey bingo:
- Turkey bingo pdf
- Letter-sized paper or white cardstock
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Candy corn, jelly beans, or bingo markers
To set the game in motion, follow these straightforward instructions:
First, download the PDF file provided at the bottom of this post. Open the PDF on your computer and select the number of boards you’d like to print. There are 5 different bingo boards to download and 2 pages of calling cards.
Once the boards are printed, carefully cut out the calling cards. These unique cards will be used for calling out the images during the game.
Have fun with our color by number turkey free printable too!
How to play turkey themed bingo
Playing turkey-themed bingo is a delightful and educational experience that children of all ages can enjoy. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play this fun game:
Setting up your turkey bingo game:
- Gather a minimum of two players, although it’s even more enjoyable with a group of friends or family members.
- Distribute unique bingo boards to each player, featuring a distinct arrangement of turkey-themed images. There are 5 different cards to choose from.
- Place a set of calling cards face down in a pile, or use a plastic pumpkin to keep the images hidden.
You will also enjoy our free printable Thanksgiving coloring pages.
Playing the turkey bingo game:
- Select one player to be the bingo caller, responsible for drawing one card at a time from the pile without revealing the image beforehand.
- As the caller reveals an image, players check their boards for a matching image and mark it with a small object like candy corn or a dot marker.
- The first player to mark all the images in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, shouts “Bingo!” to claim their victory.
- Remind the children that there is a free space in the middle that they can use if they need to.
Rules and Talking:
Explain that they have to talk clearly during the Thanksgiving game. The caller should say the turkey’s name clearly. If the little kids can’t read yet they can either ask older kids to help, or they can just describe the image.
And, remind them to only mark off the images that the caller has said.
To keep the excitement going, play multiple rounds by reshuffling the printable cards and starting again. Enjoy your turkey-themed fun Thanksgiving bingo game adventure!
You will also enjoy our free printable Thanksgiving bingo cards.
Additional turkey themed activities
Enhance your Thanksgiving holiday with these entertaining turkey related activities:
- Delve into the world of turkeys with our parts of a turkey worksheet. This educational activity is a fun way for children to explore the various components of a turkey, from feathers to wattles. It not only imparts valuable knowledge but also makes for an excellent addition to your Thanksgiving homeschooling or classroom lesson plans.
- Take a deep dive into the fascinating life cycle of a turkey worksheet. Children can learn about the different stages in a turkey’s life, from hatching to adulthood, in an engaging and interactive manner. This worksheet serves as an invaluable resource for teachers looking to enrich their Thanksgiving curriculum.
- For a fun and interactive game, enjoy our turkey scavenger hunt printable. It’s a great way to keep the holiday spirit alive while engaging in a thrilling hunt for Santa’s turkeys.
You will also enjoy our free Thanksgiving scavenger hunt.
Best turkey read alouds for preschoolers
Another wonderful holiday season activity is sharing amusing stories with the kids, featuring comical turkeys:
- In How to Catch a Turkey by Adam Wallace, a child embarks on a comical journey to capture a Thanksgiving turkey, only to discover that Thanksgiving is truly about gratitude and kindness, not turkey-catching antics.
- Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano introduces Trouble, a clever turkey determined to avoid becoming Thanksgiving dinner. Trouble’s inventive attempts to blend in as other farm animals make for an entertaining story that imparts valuable lessons in wit and creative problem-solving to young kids.
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey by Lucille Colandro features an old lady devouring a variety of Thanksgiving items in a hilarious manner. The ending is the icing on the cake, guaranteed to evoke laughter and spark reflections on the reasons we cherish Thanksgiving.
You will also enjoy our pumpkin bingo free printable too!
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable Thanksgiving bingo game
Last Updated on 7 November 2023 by homeschoolof1