These Mother’s Day coloring cards are a perfect way to treat mom this year.
There is nothing better than receiving a handmade card the kids have made. In fact, I have kept every single note (never mind card) that my son has given me over the years.
There are 4 different designs to choose from, a very simple design for younger children to a slightly more detailed one.
When you print the Mothers Day cards out to print you will see there is a Happy Mothers Day symbol just for that extra touch. The inside of the card is left blank for the kids to write a personal note to mom.
For younger children why not also create a wonderful Mother’s Day handprint craft?
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
These cards can be colored either in pen or coloring pencils. They definitely look better if printed on cardstock but regular printer paper will be just as special. It is the thought that counts.
Other Mothers Day ideas:
- Why not include our free Mothers Day word search printable in with the card and mom and child can do it together on Mothers Day.
- Get the kids to fill out our free all about my mom printable and add it to the card.
- Or if the kids are feeling really poetic download our free Mothers Day acrostic poem templates.
- Spend some quality time with mom with our free Mothers Day scavenger hunt
Are you struggling to know what to buy mom? If so don’t worry check out over 17 of the best Mother’s Day gifts for busy moms.
What to Write Inside a Mother’s Day Card?
I am probably the worst card giver in the world. All I write is To, Mom, Happy Mothers Day, love Clare! I do this for everything (well change the greeting, but you know what I mean!).
So I thought I would help out the dads (as I am sure I am not the only one with this problem!) and give you the best greetings the kids could write in the Mothers Day card.
- I love you mom
- I love being your son/daughter
- You are the best mom in the world!
- I appreciate everything you do for me
- I am so thankful you are my mom
- Mom, you are my best friend
- Mom, you are my favorite (haha, sorry this is an inside joke we have in our home, but as a mom, this one would be my favorite message!)
I love this what I love about mom questionnaire too, this could be filled out and included in the card.
When the kids have colored in their favorite Mothers Day card (remember to grab the free printable below), then maybe they can continue to color inside the card too.
Mothers Day Coloring Cards
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our printables work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
For even more free coloring cards check out these popular posts:
- Star Wars printable coloring cards for every occasion.
- Free printable Father’s Day cards to color
- Easter printable cards to color in
- Christmas coloring cards
- Christmas thank you cards to color in.
Last Updated on 12 September 2022 by homeschoolof1