We absolutely love treasure hunts in this house, so after the popularity of our scavenger hunt for Christmas, I thought I would create a Halloween treasure hunt for this year. We have also created a treasure hunt for the Elf on the Shelf!
Easter should certainly not be the only holiday that gets to have treasure hunts!!
I have purposely not numbered these Halloween treasure hunt clues, as I don’t know the layout of your house! I have purchased some before with clue 1, clue 2, etc and the kids were running around the house like madmen! Now, not to say that is not an excellent way to make the treasure hunt go on for hours. But for younger children, this might not be what you are looking for!
If you want to spice things up a bit for older kids why not create a Halloween-themed escape room with these awesome free escape room puzzle ideas! A lot of these are already Halloween-based as this is what we did last year with our 10 year old and his friend.
These FREE Halloween scavenger hunt for kids printables are super easy to have fun with.
**Disclosure, there are affiliate links in this post.**
Halloween Treasure Hunt
These 12 rhyming clues are perfect for younger or even older children. Especially if you don’t hide them in the obvious spots!
If you are looking for even more Halloween treasure hunt ideas have a look here, they have hundreds!
Halloween Treasure Hunt Clues
There isn’t really much else required to start with these FREE printables, well apart from a printer.
- Grab the free printable below (scroll to the end of this page, and subscribe for FULL ACCESS)
- Print out the clues – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – the printables work better on cardstock (this is the one we use), however, normal printer paper will work perfectly.
- Scissors – to cut the clues, I have purposely kept the clues big, but of course, you can fold them if they need to fit in somewhere small.
- Get a pen (to remind you where you have put the clues and in what order)
- Most importantly the gift, however, as it is Halloween, you will already have plenty of candy! If you are looking for alternative spooky gifts I will share our favorites later in the post.
Halloween Gifts for Kids
Freddie has a severe peanut allergy so candy is always hard to find that has been produced in a nut-free facility. So we always prefer to find gifts that are NOT candy! Here are our favorite Halloween gifts for kids
Halloween Bracelets this is a set of 40 so perfect to hand out to trick or treaters too.
Room on the Broom picturebook is such a classic!
If you are looking for more Halloween fun why not play mad libs for Halloween or our Halloween word search printable, or what about 10 free Halloween coloring pages. These are, of course, FREE for you to download.
Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? Why not bring them back early for Halloween, and disguise them as a Halloween elf, check out how we bring the Elf back at Halloween.
To get FREE access to this printable and ALL of our FREE downloads subscribe to our newsletter and you will get FULL access.
Let me know in the comments how you get on with these Halloween treasure hunt clues.
Last Updated on 24 October 2021 by homeschoolof1