Scattergories is one of our favorite family games, we just love it. So we thought we would create our own Christmas scattergories lists and some Christmas scattergories printables to have fun.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
If you don’t already own the game by Hasbro, I highly recommend you get it. Scattergories is such a fun game for the whole family.
If you own the game already, we have created our very own Christmas scattergories lists that you can print for free later in the post.
If you don’t have the game, these six printables are all you will need to have lots of fun this season.
- Download the free printables below
- Print out the six scattergories – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – the printables work perfectly on printer paper so you can easily write on them. These all fit onto one full sheet of paper, so no need for cutting. If you want them to look professional though printing on cardstock will be better, the one I have linked to is what we use.
Grab some pens for you to fill out, and more importantly, have FUN.
If you are not familiar with the game Scattergories, the object of the game is to fill out a category list with answers that begin with the same letter. You score points if no one else has the same answer. The winner of course is the one with the most points. We have created a printable with 5 Christmas-themed category lists, with 1 left blank for you to fill in as you wish.
The official game comes with a 20 sided die with different letters on it. This letter is the first letter of each of your answers on the category list.
If you don’t have the game Scatergories we have also included 6 different printable boards for you to play together. Print out one for each family member and have so much fun seeing what answers you come up with. You also don’t need the 20 sided die as we have included the letters at the top of each of the boards.
Printable Scattergories Lists
If you already have the Hasbro game (it’s so much fun!) then all you need to do is print out this extension pack. There are five different lists all with a Christmas theme that you can use with the game.
All you need to do is print
- Download the free printables below
- Print out the scattergories lists – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – these work best printed on cardstock but regular printer paper will work
- Cut out the six category lists.
- Fill out the blank Christmas category list if you wish, or just discard it.
Christmas Scattergories Printables
Feel free to print out as many as you wish, just make sure you have lots of fun.
Included in the email are the six Christmas scattergories with letters included above, TREE, GIFT, STAR, XMAS, SNOW, and SANTA, and the Christmas Scattergories lists to play with the original game.
If you have finished playing our free game, why not check out even more Christmas fun games from Etsy. They have every game you can imagine, all of which can be downloaded.
If you are looking for even more Christmas fun check out our other Christmas posts here:
- Over 20 of the best Christmas board games
- Christmas Word Search
- Scavenger Hunt for Christmas
- Christmas Writing Prompts
- Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and then click on the shrink to fit button. With all of our printables, they work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Last Updated on 19 April 2022 by homeschoolof1