Scattergories is one of our favorite family games, we just love it. So we thought we would create our own Christmas scattergories lists and some Christmas scattergories printables to have fun.
**Disclosure there may be affiliate links included in this post.**
If you don’t already own the game by Hasbro, I highly recommend you getting it. Scattergories is such a fun game for the whole family.
If you own the game already, we have created our very own Christmas scattergories lists that you can print for free later in the post.
Rules of Scattergories
If you are not familiar with the game Scattergories, the object of the game is to fill out a category list with answers that begin with the same letter. You score points if no one else has the same answer. The winner of course is the one with the most points. We have created a printable with 5 Christmas-themed category lists, with 1 left blank for you to fill in as you wish.
The official game comes with a 20 sided die with different letters on it. This letter is the first letter of each of your answers on the category list.
If you don’t have the game Scatergories we have also included 6 different printable boards for you to play together. Print out one for each family member and have so much fun seeing what answers you come up with. You also don’t need the 20 sided die as we have included the letters at the top of each of the boards.
If you don’t have the game, these six printables are all you will need to have lots of fun this season.
All you need to do is print
- Download the free printables below
- Print out the six scattergories – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – the printables work perfectly on printer paper so you can easily write on them. These all fit onto one full sheet of paper, so need for cutting.
- Grab some pens for you to fill out, and more importantly have FUN.
Christmas Scattergories Lists
If you already have the Hasbro game (get it here UK or here USA) then all you need to do is print out this extension pack. There are five different lists all with a Christmas theme that you can use with the game.
All you need to do is print
- Download the free printables below, just print out the lists.
- Print out the scattergories lists – just make sure you print to either A4 or Letter and click on shrink to fit. I have tried so they should print on both sized paper.
- Paper or Card – these work best printed on cardstock but regular printing paper will work
- Cut out the six category lists.
- Fill out the blank Christmas cateogry list if you wish, or just discard it.
Christmas Scattergories Printables
Feel free to print out as many as you wish, just make sure you have lots of fun. Included in the email are the six Christmas scattergories with letters included above, TREE, GIFT, STAR, XMAS, SNOW, and SANTA, and the Christmas Scattergories lists to play with the original game. Just subscribe to our newsletter and you will get full access to ALL of our FREE printables including these.
If you are looking for even more Christmas fun check out our other Christmas posts here:
- Thanksgiving Scattergories
- Christmas Word Search
- Scavenger Hunt for Christmas
- Christmas Writing Prompts
- Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt
Last Updated on 17 September 2021 by homeschoolof1