10 St Patrick’s Day Writing Prompts (Free Printable)
Have fun writing this March with these St Patrick’s Day writing prompts.
These St Patrick’s Day activities are perfect for both elementary and middle school-aged children.
These St Patrick’s Day writing prompts for kids can be used with all age groups.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
St Patrick’s Day story starters
These St Patrick’s Day writing prompts are a little bit silly, but will definitely encourage them to write.
- Dear St Patrick
- What is your favorite holiday tradition and why?
- A St Patrick’s Day miracle
- I found a 4 leaf clover
- There was a leprechaun in my garden
- I found a pot of gold
- I’m moving to Ireland to live with the leprechauns
- At the end of the rainbow, I found..
- Would you like to be a leprechaun? Why or why not?
- My best friend is a leprechaun
There are also 5 St Patrick’s Day-themed writing sheets for you to add whatever writing prompt you like.
Free St Patrick’s Day worksheets for the classroom
You will also enjoy our free if I were a leprechaun writing activity.
When you have had fun writing why not download our free St Patrick’s Day word scramble?
If you are looking for even more educational fun check out our new St Patricks Day word search and our history of St Patrick’s Day printables.
Encourage the kids to write poetry with our fun St Patrick’s Day acrostic poem templates. There are 3 to print out including the words St Patricks’s Day, leprechaun, and shamrock.
Even more writing prompt ideas
- Valentine’s Day writing prompts
- April Fools Day writing prompts
- Easter writing prompts
- Gratitude journal prompts for kids
- Christmas writing prompts
- Pirate writing prompts
Download St Patrick’s Day Journal Prompts
Make sure you choose the correct paper size and click on the shrink to fit button. All of our free printables for kids work better when printed on cardstock (this is the one we use and love.)
Last Updated on 2 June 2023 by homeschoolof1