Ahoy there me hearties, Talk Like A Pirate Day is coming up on September 19th. So I thought I would put together some fun Talk Like A Pirate Day activities for you to enjoy with the kids.
I have included over 45 holiday activities for kids for you to enjoy on Talk Like A Pirate Day. Although there is enough here for you to spend a whole week talking like a pirate!!
Shiver Me Timbers…..
These are aimed at kids in elementary and middle school grades but can be adapted for older or younger students.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Pirate Day at school
Ahoy, me mateys! Set yer compass for adventure with a thrilling Pirate Day at school. These swashbucklin’ activities be fit for the classroom:
- Let young buccaneers unleash their creativity with free pirate coloring pages, bringin’ the high seas to life with color.
- Navigate the treacherous waters of learning with pirate color by number, a fun and educational pursuit.
- Conquer the alphabet with pirate alphabet worksheets, where landlubbers learn their letters in true pirate style.
- Dive into the world of pirate storytelling with our pirate Mad Libs printable, where young buccaneers can fill in the blanks to craft their very own hilarious pirate adventures.
- Embark on a voyage of discovery with famous pirate coloring pages, celebratin’ the legends of the open sea.
- Raise the Jolly Roger for a famous pirate research project, lettin’ students dive into history and tales of pirates of old.
- Chart a course to literacy with the best pirate books for kids, captivating young minds with tales of adventure and daring.
- Unleash the power of imagination with pirate writing prompts, inspirin’ young wordsmiths to create their own pirate tales.
- And shiver me timbers! Don’t forget to claim your very own what’s your pirate name free printable to add an extra dose of excitement to the day.
With these activities, ye be settin’ the stage for a truly arrr-mazing Pirate Day at school, where young sailors can learn, explore, and imagine like true swashbucklers.
Pirate games for kids
Have fun with kids of all ages from preschoolers to middle school aged kids with these pirate games for kids:
Have fun in the classroom or at home with these fun pirate crafts both you and the kids will love.
Pirate Unit Studies
See how pirates actually lived and learn all about them in these pirate unit studies.
Suitable for elementary and middle school aged children.
Non Fiction Pirate Books
Grab these books from the library, or Amazon and learn even more about pirates with these non fiction pirate books.
Talk Like a Pirate Day was created by two friends John Baur (Ol’ Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap’n Slappy), of Albany, Oregon, U.S, back in 1995. During a racquetball game between Summers and Baur, one of them reacted to the pain with an outburst of “Aaarrr!”, and the idea was born.
We hope you have fun on Talk Like A Pirate Day. Let me know what fun you get up to in the comments below.
Last Updated on 8 November 2023 by homeschoolof1