Boo! We absolutely love Halloween. This Halloween word scramble printable is an excellent addition to our collection of Halloween activities for kids.
Get your brain cells in a tangle and prepare for some wicked wordplay with these free Halloween word scramble printables for kids!
Unscramble your way through a ghoulishly good time as you unlock spooky words and unravel the secret messages hidden within.
There are 13 Halloween-themed words to unscramble and to help out I have included the answers in the download.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Halloween scramble words
Halloween is a time (or certainly should be) when the kids get to have a bit more fun either at school or at home.
These free word scramble printables are perfect for Halloween either for the classroom, homeschool, or even to hand out in the trick-or-treat bags.
This Halloween word scramble is a great game for upper elementary and middle school-aged kids. I have made it slightly harder by not adding a word list at the bottom so there are no clues. Other than they are all Halloween-themed words.
Print off as many copies as you need and just have fun. Let me know in the comments what your hardest word was. This time it took my husband about 20 minutes to unscramble the word scarecrow!!
Have fun with spooky mad libs too!
How to play word scramble?
Playing a word scramble game is a fun and educational activity where you rearrange the letters of a word or phrase to create new words. Here’s how to play:
- Word scramble puzzle (download at the bottom of the page)
- Pen or pencil
- Ensure everyone has a copy of the word scramble puzzle and a pen or pencil.
- Decide if you want to add a time limit to the game to make it more exciting. You can use a timer or stopwatch to keep track of the time.
- Players should now work individually or in teams to unscramble the word or phrase and write down their answers in the provided spaces on the worksheet.
- After the time limit (if set) or when players believe they have unscrambled the word, check the answers. Compare what players have written with the correct unscrambled word or phrase.
- If you’re playing competitively, declare a winner based on who unscrambled the word correctly in the shortest time (if using a timer). In a cooperative setting, share the correct answer and discuss the solutions together.
- You can play multiple rounds using different words or phrases, or create entirely new puzzles to keep the game engaging and challenging.
Check out all of our free printable Halloween word games!
Halloween Word Scramble Game Answers
The 13 Halloween words to find are:
The answers will print off on the second page of the pdf when you download it so you can check everyone’s answers.
Have fun with poetry with a scarecrow acrostic poem
Other free Halloween worksheets
These additional Halloween worksheets and activities offer a wide range of creative and educational experiences, making your Halloween celebrations even more enjoyable and memorable. Whether you’re looking for games, crafts, or writing inspiration, we’ve got you covered for a spooktacular Halloween!
- Plan an exciting Halloween treasure hunt where kids can follow clues and solve puzzles to find hidden treats and surprises. It’s an adventure they won’t forget!
- Bingo with a spooky twist! Enjoy a game of Halloween bingo printable with cards featuring witches, ghosts, pumpkins, and more. Perfect for parties and family fun.
- Unleash your creativity with our collection of free printable Halloween coloring pages. Get into the spirit by adding your own colors to classic spooky scenes.
- Explore your poetic side with Halloween acrostic poem templates. Use the letters of “Halloween” to create unique, imaginative verses.
- Homeschooling during Halloween? We’ve got you covered with a range of homeschool Halloween activities to celebrate the season while learning.
- Have a hilarious time filling in the blanks in our Halloween mad libs. Create wacky and entertaining stories with family and friends.
- Challenge your word-finding skills with our Halloween word search printable. Hunt for spooky words hidden in the grid and sharpen your vocabulary.
- Take your Halloween celebrations to the next level with an interactive Halloween escape room experience. Solve puzzles and riddles to “escape” from a Halloween-themed scenario.
- Get those creative juices flowing with our free printable Halloween writing prompts. Use them to inspire spooky stories, poems, or journal entries.
- Explore the rich culture of Dia de los Muertos with a Day of the Dead word scramble game. Unscramble the words to learn more about this beautiful tradition.
Tips for downloading the free files
Below you will see a large sign-up box where you need to add your name and email address, and press I NEED THIS NOW!
Within minutes you will be sent the free PDF directly to your email address, so you can print it out and start using it immediately.
Sometimes emails get a little wonky, so if you can’t see it, please check your spam folder where I am sure it is hiding.
Download the free printable Halloween word scramble
Last Updated on 26 October 2023 by homeschoolof1