Our homeschool science curriculum is a little disjointed, although, it is one of our favorite days. The reason we love it so much (despite it actually being our least favorite subject) is because we do a little bit of everything. Not only do we read science books, but we also watch lots of youtube videos, take online classes, watch science documentaries and of course do our workbooks.
**Disclosure – there may be affiliate links in this post **
I have shown below some of our absolute favorite homeschool science curricula that we use.
Homeschool Science Books
FREE Homeschool Science Curriculum
- Teach Engineering Engineering
- Learning Resources Science Museum – This site brings together resources from museums, including activities, games and videos. Discover activities to support a range of curriculum topics.
- NASA Lesson Plans Astronomy
- Periodic Table Videos – Chemistry, Periodic Table
- Science Coloring Pages from Home Training Tools worksheets and printables
- Human Origins by the Smithsonian – Human Evolution
- Science Lessons Multiple science subjects
- Berkeley Education Evolution
- Science Fair Projects and Experiments – Experiments and lesson plans
- School Science
- American Museum of Natural History Physical Science, various ‘ologies’
- NASA Weather Adventures Satellite Earth Science
- Virtual Museum – Virtual Museum
- National Zoo Homework Helper – Zoology Links
- Interactive Elements Table – periodic table in pictures and words.
- National Wildlife Federation Animal Science (grades K-6)
- ACS Inquiry in Action Chemistry Curriculum – Chemistry (grades 3-6)
- 24/7 Science Science Games (grades K-6)
- AGI GeoSource – Geology (grades K-5)
- BBC Terrific Science –
- National Geographic Kids – National Geographic (grades K-6)
- Mystery Doug awesome scientific videos
- Sublime Science – 101 free science experiments (they also do amazing parties, which we did a couple of years ago and the kids loved it)
Middle School Science
- Natural Inquirer Science Journal (grades 4-8)
- Anatomy Arcade Anatomy (grades 5-12)
- 3D Geography – Make models and great free resources
If you are looking for more secular homeschooling curriculum check out my recent post.
High School Science
Homeschool Science Monthly Boxes
Although we love our free homeschool science curriculum we always supplement it with a monthly kids subscription box. We are currently using Mel Science, and we love it. We look forward to it every month, the starter kit alone though is fantastic. I highly recommend giving them a try.
Homeschool Science Curriculum Workbooks
Real Science Odyssey from Pandia Press is a FULL curriculum, with two levels, the first one for Elementary years and the second for middle / high school. They also have teacher guides to go with the student workbooks. Check out our review of Real Science Odyssey, it is what we are using now for 6th grade.
School House Teachers – science for all ages from preschool to high school. When you subscribe you get FULL access to all subjects and grades.
Home Science Tools offer a full curriculum for kids K-12
If like us, you like to have paper workbooks, these are our favorite science workbooks.
Homeschool Science Youtube Channels
We love a good educational youtube channel! Here are our absolute favorites for learning science.
- Crash Course
- Mark Rober
- Sprice Machines
- Joseph’s Machines
- Horrible Science
- The King of Random
- Operation Ouch
- Sick Science
- Physics Girl
- Smarter Everyday
- Sci Show
Outschool Science Online Classes
If you are looking for the best kids science kits check out my post where I have listed our favorite 15.
Last Updated on 21 September 2021 by homeschoolof1