Our homeschool science curriculum was a little disjointed, that was until we found the best homeschool science curriculum.
I wanted to share with you all of the homeschool science curriculum resources we have used both in the past and now. Finding a secular homeschool science curriculum is not that easy!
This post has been broken down into science curriculum, science books, youtube videos, online classes, science documentaries, and of course workbooks. I have also included our favorite homeschool science curriculum.
**There may be affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase (after clicking one of my affiliate links) I’ll earn some coffee money, which I promise to drink while supporting your journey. You do not pay a higher price. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.**
Best Homeschool Science Curriculum
Before I start this huge list of science resources I wanted to share with you our favorite homeschool science curriculum. We just love Real Science Odyssey, check out our review of it. We are currently studying Biology if you want to try it out for yourself (for FREE).
Homeschool Science Curriculum
Science Unlocked Lesson planning and doing science at home is now easier than ever. With Science Unlocked, you can filter your interest and build a program specifically for your children.
Real Science Odyssey from Pandia Press is a FULL curriculum, with two levels. The first one is for Elementary years and the second for middle/high school. They also have teacher guides to go with the student workbooks. Check out our review of Real Science Odyssey, it is what we are using now for 6th grade.
School House Teachers – science for all ages from preschool to high school. When you subscribe you get FULL access to all subjects and grades.
Generation Genius has awesome science lessons for K-8, in fact, we love them so much we have watched them all! What’s even better is you can try them for free.
Unit Studies if you enjoy doing unit studies there are lots of science ones to choose from here. Including anatomy, animals, astronomy, earth science, seasons, plus lots more.
Home Science Tools offer a full curriculum for kids K-12
If like us, you like to have paper workbooks, these are our favorite science workbooks.
Human Biology curriculum from Doctor Robins School
Digital Stem from Stemwerkz is a great “gaming” platform for upper elementary-aged kids.
FREE Homeschool Science Curriculum
- Teach Engineering Engineering
- Learning Resources Science Museum – This site brings together resources from museums, including activities, games, and videos. Discover activities to support a range of curriculum topics.
- Free planet coloring pages
- Phases of the moon worksheets
- NASA Lesson Plans Astronomy
- Periodic Table Videos – Chemistry, Periodic Table
- Science Coloring Pages from Home Training Tools worksheets and printables
- Human Origins by the Smithsonian – Human Evolution
- Science Lessons Multiple science subjects
- Berkeley Education Evolution
- Science Fair Projects and Experiments – Experiments and lesson plans
- School Science
- American Museum of Natural History Physical Science, various ‘ologies’
- NASA Weather Adventures Satellite Earth Science
- Virtual Museum – Virtual Museum
- National Zoo Homework Helper – Zoology Links
- Interactive Elements Table – periodic table in pictures and words.
Elementary Science Curriculum
- National Wildlife Federation Animal Science (grades K-6)
- ACS Inquiry in Action Chemistry Curriculum – Chemistry (grades 3-6)
- 24/7 Science Science Games (grades K-6)
- AGI GeoSource – Geology (grades K-5)
- BBC Terrific Science –
- National Geographic Kids – National Geographic (grades K-6)
- Mystery Doug has awesome scientific videos
- Sublime Science – 101 free science experiments (they also do amazing parties, which we did a couple of years ago and the kids loved it)
Middle School Science Curriculum Homeschool
- Natural Inquirer Science Journal (grades 4-8)
- Anatomy Arcade Anatomy (grades 5-12)
- 3D Geography – Make models and great free resources
If you are looking for more secular homeschooling curriculum check out my recent post.
High School Science Curriculum Homeschool
- Anatomy Arcade Anatomy (grades 5-12)
- MIT Open Course Free resources from MIT (grades 9-12)
- Homeschool science with College Prep Science.
Homeschool Science Books
We absolutely love books in our homeschool, and science is no exception. Our favorite science books for late elementary and middle school grades are:
- Science a Visual Encylopedia
- The Kingfisher Science Encylopedia
- The Science Book
- Human Body!
- Usborne Science Encylopedia
Homeschool Science Monthly Boxes
Although we love our homeschool science curriculum we always supplement it with a monthly kids subscription box. We are currently using Mel Science, and we love it, check out our Mel Science Review here. We look forward to it every month, the starter kit alone though is fantastic. I highly recommend giving them a try.
KiwiCo (use code BRIGHT for exclusive 40% off your first box) also offers monthly science and stem subscription boxes for kids as young as 2 to big kids as old as 100! Check out our review of Kiwico Eureka Crate (with an exclusive 40% coupon code).
If you are looking for the homeschool science kits check out my post where I have listed our favorite 16.
Homeschool Science Video Curriculum
We love a good educational youtube channel! Here are our absolute favorites for learning science.
- Crash Course
- Mark Rober
- Sprice Machines
- Joseph’s Machines
- Horrible Science
- The King of Random
- Operation Ouch
- Sick Science
- Physics Girl
- Smarter Everyday
- Sci Show
Outschool Science Online Classes
We have recently come across Curiosity Stream, and we love it in our homeschool. We use it mainly for history and science documentaries. Download Curiosity Stream today, it’s less than $20 for the year!
Last Updated on 22 June 2022 by homeschoolof1